Thursday, April 02, 2009

Way too many realisations

A look at the blog with the latest last post made me realise that I did not write about some things which I would have liked to register here. So here we go...

First the sad bit. My mom's birthday was on the 30th. Pa's is on the 10th. Missed one, and will miss the next. Makes me ultra sad. If not for anything else, it does for the good food I missed out on. :(

The second sad bit: I am single again. No, it did not happen in the last three days, but I don't want to be single. Situations can so fuck your happiness that it's not even funny.
So there are several corollaries to this which I don't like either.

On the 30th? The internship process fucked my happiness as well. The place I was looking at decided that they did not want interns. Other slots were getting filled like they just had one motive - not to find me a place to go to. Then descended god. Or whoever you like most. But it was such a funny moment. I was asked to say yes for a good organisation when I was not even sure of how good it was. But instinct made me agree, and there I landed myself an interview in Mumbai the next day. There were three submissions to work on that evening too. God bless the friends who let the freaked out me prepare for my interview, and do my share of work. Owe them.
The interview was at noon. I could not have risked taking a bus because the last time I did that, it took me more than five hours to reach my destination. And those five hours did not include the time it took to reach the bus station from campus. So I asked dad to shell out money and let me take a cab all the way. I want to say I hate Mumbai for the fuckin' traffic it has. Bloody hell... it took me 2.5 hours within the city to get to a place which wasn't even 'far'! Ugh.
Anyway. So I was made to wait a little. I've realised one thing with time - no matter how worked up I may be for an interview, when it's my turn to go in... some strange sort of calmness does take over. And then the flow of the interview somehow always depends on the interviewer. Those sad-ass people who don't know what to ask make me also look like a drab. But here, the two people were darn cool. The gentleman tried to stress me out, and the lady was being nice. It was a long-ish interaction. And I think my best interview ever. They asked me everything possible under the sun, and I'm glad that they liked me too. :)
They've decided not to give me a single day off, so I land in Delhi and join work the next day. It looks like the kind of organisation which will suck everything out of me. I'm just hoping I take it the right way because I really do not want free time if I am going to spend it the way I am quite capable of doing.

Apart from this, the other happy thing is that now that the term's come to a close, I have lost a bit of weight too. What's not good is that I know it's happening because I'm not eating much nowadays. Which means that it's temporary in nature. :-/

I am going home. I will be there in 11ish days. It's my sunshine waiting for me.

I will also be earning a bit of money during the summers, and I've booked the first expense out of the income too. It's going for this photograph which I'll put on my wall in the hostel in the next term. :)
I've put a widget on the top right hand corner of the page for a cause that I am supporting. It involves people I know. And it involves kids I know. Do go through www.30on30.net to know more of what I am talking about. Would really appreciate it.

Apart from all this, my cousin Nidhi celebrates her 23rd today. She and I are the same age and all talks in the family are done keeping the two of us in one category. It's freaky to think that in exactly five months from now I'll be 23 too. Gosh! Life's gotta pace up!!
For now, poor thing does politics for her employer in the media industry and is looking at partying with BJP who come out with their manifesto today. Life fucks up everyone's parties, isn't it?

Dinner in Ridhima's room made me realise that I have not been spending time with anyone here on campus. It felt like I was talking to her after weeks. And it's incredible how I am wasting time. It's so gonna come back and bite me.

I want Easy by Menwhopause. Right now. Nobody except Rohit Talwar seems to have their fuckin' music. Rohit, if you're reading... you better meet me at the airport on the 15th with a CD of all their music. I don't care if you're at work. :|

Ok, now I will go and sleep. See you soon. Tada!

No comments: