Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ye hai dilli nagariya

On April 14th, I realised that I was done with pushing myself. At least for now. I worked through the day, had a quiet dinner down at Shree with a couple of friends, and then stayed up ALL night packing everything, and only managed one hour's sleep after sealing all cartons and shoving them into a corner.
The morning felt a little lazy, but the motivation to come home was enough to push a little more. All flights from Pune to Delhi were delayed because of congestion and construction work at the IGI airport. So we waited and waited. Laughed and laughed too. And those were two horrible sentences. Basically, Gopika Gulati and Sahil Chopra decided to entertain me, and I enjoyed myself.

I slept a bit on the flight, and spent the rest of the time being excited. :D

The Delhi airport is shaping up well. Mom and dad were a delight to see. Hearing a stranger talk in punjabi felt familiar.
I know it has only been about four months, but I had really forgotten how wide the roads here are.

Since technically I do not have a single day off (today I had permission to travel), I could not just let the world fuck itself and sleep at home. I needed to pay some people to make me look presentable.

Off the to-do list:
Haircut that feels awesome
Golgappe
Good dinner with family
Cake and other meetha
A bit of shopping too
And some surprises from the family

I will be joining work tomorrow morning. Following that, I will worry about the remainder of submissions. :|

But I'm hooooooome!!! :D

3 comments:

Subhadip said...

Nice :)
Enjoy yourself.

P. said...

=D
Home !!!
Hows the haircut , dikhao bhai ...

Richa said...

Subhadip,
Enjoying hai. :)

Priyam,
Log on to Facebook. :D
Khush hai na ab?