Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Conflict & Paradox

I am unsure about how to word the thoughts that have been on my mind for almost a day now. But I'm still going to try, for I need to figure some things out for myself.

What do you do when someone is not quite behaving 'right' with you, and it affects you?
You may decide to put a stop to it by trying to not take whatever is being thrown at you.
But what if in the process you don't just stop taking it, but actually end up giving it back to the person concerned?
The difference being that the person is doing it unknowingly, and you are fully conscious about what you're doing.
Is it right then? Would it still be 'protecting yourself'? And anyway if you're aware of it and it is raising doubts in your mind... how is it protection? It's just causing further unrest. Isn't it? You're hurting the person back.

Isn't it bad karma?

But what happens if you feel sorry about it, and decide to apologise for it? Will it take things back to square one? Will you be the one at the receiving end of muted hurt?
Is letting this happen bad karma too?

Whatever happened to the line between me and the self? How do you maintain it without feeling bad about things?

Is putting self interest above all else really the only way to go? Even if it means compromising on loved ones' interest?
How do you balance the two? If two people love each other a lot, there must be way to ensure that neither tramples over the other one's emotions. No?


Added later:
Yes, self interest is most important. Because I need acknowledgment for things I do. I mostly do not get it. And none of you are my offspring that I'd not mind it.

4 comments:

Me said...

what you untend to do and are doing is just a form of self defense with idea of safeguarding your innate self.
Is there any way you can let the person know what you feel?
DOnt't let any person knowingly or unknowingly ever hurt you, that's giving too much of power in other person's hands..
Connect..Communicate.... :P
U know Rich, i went through the same cycle and thought it would've been pointless to confront...
It wasn't..
Tcare.Travel Safe :)

RB said...

Hmm... I don't like complications.

Travelled safely. I'm home. Thanks. :)

PNA said...

Hey Aarbee...

communication is the key, if the person is a friend, talking (not giving a piece of your mind) is the best option. Happens many times, ....better flush it out of your mind, rather than let it decay and take control of your whole self...

tk and have a good weekend ahead

Ash

RB said...

Ash,

Guess you're right..
Thanks...

For visiting too. :-)