Saturday, August 08, 2009

Fragments

I might be over the obsession with zodiac signs that I often used to indulge in during teenage, but that doesn't change facts. The fact that I am a Virgo. I cannot take criticism. Especially if it pointless. And why is it so hard to get that I cannot take it because I am more than fully aware of the things you're pointing at? Not denying you your right to criticise, just hoping you'd do it if it entails any value addition.

And why, god why, do people not like to spell my name correctly! The other day I almost snapped at Dad for not having kept it the way the a@#%^&*! find it convenient. Really! How long does it take to check up someone's name if you do not know the spelling! Or even bother to think for a second that there could be another way of spelling the word. It's a proper noun for god's sake! And I thought there was nothing more painful than have people pronounce it wrong.

___

This time when I went to Delhi I travelled in a local bus during peak hours after really long. I felt liberated in some sense. I could not help but remember the times when I used to be a timid thing scared of every man on the bus. I have really come a long way since then.

___

Today was a uniform day on campus. And I chose to not follow the rule. It gave me an incredible kick! :P That is so because concepts like anarchy are vague bubbles in my head. I am a protocol person. An obedient follower. I enjoy rule books.

___

Sometimes realisations take a little longer to be processed by the mind. Or maybe the processing happens till mid-way leading only to complicated thoughts but absolute inaction for improvement. And then you reach a point where you cannot take it any more. You think you'd change things from thereon. And then wait to see if you can do it. That is where I am today.

___

I am going to turn 23 soon. I am still waiting for the thing. The one thing.

8 comments:

Subhadip said...

I considered the fact that you are a Virgo, and you cannot take criticism well... but then, I decided to criticise since it might value add. So, here goes:

I think you will breathe easier if you are not over critical of people who cannot get your name spelling / pronunciation right. Your name just happens to be very common, and there are ways to spell / say them... so why worry so much about it. I don't think it changes your value in human society in any way. 95% of all non native-Bangla speakers get my name wrong 95% of the time... if I started worrying about them... I would be a real worried man! Heck... sometimes, I get my name wrong!

You can't be 23 if you still act like 13! It's not that important, trust me.

Yours two-cent-fuly

Subhadip Purakayastha

Karan Rajpal said...

The thing will come. So will 23. Some things wait for you. You wait for some things.

Life.

Subhadip said...

You are not angry or something are you?

BTW, you are tagged. See this

RB said...

Subhadip,
Point taken. I can try for future, let's hope it works.

But I'd still say it does not mean I am acting like a 13-year old. I'm happy for you that u save yourself tension by not bothering. However, my family name lists high on my identity and I do not like seeing it the way people mess it.

No, not angry. Had just not had the time to come online.

Karan,
Hey! Firstly, thanks for leaving a comment. And secondly, thanks for leaving such a nice comment. Felt nice seeing it in my inbox. :-)

swetha said...

I almost feel proud to know that i know well most of these about u !!

RB said...

:) Muah!

R said...

How can they get your name wrong?! (Hasn't happened with me ever.) Strange.

You went back to those buses?! Good lord..

RB said...

Rohit,
They fuck up my last name. It's easy to do that.

And yea man... the buses! Phew!