Thursday, September 17, 2009

No Updates

The fall internship is due in a month's time. Somebody damn the systems (or the lack of them) because I still do not know where I will be going. And I am f r e a k i n g out! I know it is the beginning of the horror called final placements, but it kills. :-/

There isn't really much happening these days for me to update this space. Except that I have no money on my phone. Or no hot water in the shower. Or no peaceful sleep in the nights. Except that I suddenly lost weight and fell sick. Except that I never thought I was capable of choosing to paint over writing for a culture studies assignment. That I have not read the newspaper in more than a week.
But I have bought a hot cushion cover with lotsa colours in it. Fuchsia too. :D

But one of the many things that are on my mind is the Delhi Diwali air. I cannot wait for a whiff of that smell. I know there's a month left for this too and I'm probably living ahead of times (no pun intended) but I am excited about it. I am! See.. there still are things that excite me!

Last year, I was busy winding up assignments, celebrating an anniversary, and gearing up for my first tryst with an NGO.
The year before that, I was busy falling in love, and healthily losing weight. Mad CAT stuff was happening on top of it all.
And the year before that, Pa was going for a surgery, I broke my back, and I was at the threshold of some losses too.
The year before that? I only remember my rangoli. I make one every year. Bad back or not.. the floral rangoli has become a religion. I love doing it. Every single year.

Yes, all the girly stuff is very much there.

I think this is about it for now. I shall let you know the moment somebody decides to give me temporary employment.

No comments: