Saturday, September 05, 2009

My Gods

I have remembered too late in the day that it's Teachers' Day. I cannot call anyone now, so thought I'd just mention a few of my favourite teachers' names here. The ones who genuinely made a difference in my life.

Mrs. Peterson for being my first dose of a strict environment.
Mrs. Simon for teaching me how not to cheat.
Mrs. Mehta for being the coolest Hindi teacher ever.
Ms. Jayshree Chatterjee, the only teacher I ever got personally close to.
Mrs. Rozario for her super-pleasant smiles!
Mrs. Pannu, who made maths classes fun for me!
Mrs. David, for drilling F=MxA into my head.
Ms. Duggal for being the perfect disciplinarian. Her words, 'you don't demand respect, you command it' are etched perfectly in my head.
Mr. Raut for being the best teacher I had in school. And also for wearing the hottest ties everyday. :P
John sir, not for teaching me, 'you bloody swine!', but also for being one of the most friendly teachers around.
Mrs. Munjal for boosting my confidence.
Mrs. Goodwin for being the most perfect English teacher ever!
Mrs. Dillon for ALLLLLL the sweetness she had to offer.
Mrs. Sen for being the feel good factor through 11th and 12th.
Mrs. Shourie, because she is somehow representative of all school memories.
Mrs. Khetarpal for encourgaing me to go national with my debates.
Mr. Aviet, for thankfully changing his image from being the scariest face in school to being the most pleasant gentleman around.

Kunal sir, for making me believe that I could do well in Maths.

Mittal sir for making Maths sound like the easiest thing in the world.

Rajiv Jha for making me miserable in the first two years of college.
Mr. A.J.C. Bose for being lively and interactive in a place where faculty didn't bother much.

Dr. Vivek Sane, who added UNBELIEVABLE amount of value to my tiny, little pool of knowledge.
Dr. V.V.R. Sastry for being the god of marketing.
Ms. Pooja Verma who was one of the most vibrant and dynamic teachers I had here in Lavale.
Sujay Madhok, for the inspirer that he is.
Dharam sir for being patient with people like me who can't do design for nuts!
Ms. Milinda Natu for the colours she brought with her in creative planning classes.
Azhar Khan for sarcastic economics.
Kavitha Iyer for making consumer behaviour one of the most interesting things.

And all the teachers who I may have missed out here but have made a difference in my life. A very happy Teachers' Day!! :-)

7 comments:

Me said...

i feel depraved when i read to find none of the GODS u mentioned..have descended down to teach us this year..
And yeah..I know AS was different when u were in the first year..
but for us..he has changed..
He is my GOD here..i rate him above all..whom I've met till now.. :)

RB said...

Dr. Sane and Azhar Khan will come in sem II. Don't lose hope there. But isn't Kavitha Iyer teaching you guys? That's sad! And what about Madhok. He took classes with you guys.

As far as A.S. is concerned, I know you love him. A lot of my batchmates do too. I didn't have anything against him, just that one not-so-fine day it changed. :)

Me said...

whirl..whoosh..
scrolling back the memory lane..yup..i recall Sujoy Sir had taught us..he was simply amazing..but then..
all Good things in my Life..have a tendency to vaporize too soon :)
Intellectual equivalent of AS and my only possible solace in the world of advertising..Dear Kavita Iyer..

akks said...

Sujoy Madhok ?????????? You serious ???

RB said...

Deepti,
:)
You don't like Ankit Desai? :P

Akshay,
Yep!

Me said...

aah..AS in his certain elements..wish I never encounter that..

Ankit Desai..NDTV Imagine..erm .yeah..hmmm :D

I adore Joel Pannikot..but then I wish he taught us Management than just corp. life skills(which OUR batch surely needs :P)

RB said...

Oh, you have somebody nice for corporate lifeskills? You guys are lucky there then. This was our first class in first sem, and a horrendous lady greeted us with extremely strange sessions.