Saturday, December 15, 2007

Time Tales

For some reason, it feels like eternity since I wrote a random post here. Not that there is any dearth of such posts on this blog, and not even as if I have a very happening life right now that I'd write about my day and it would make for a good read, but I still feel that the number of that kind of posts has reduced quite drastically here.
There has been no Abhishek Bachchan, no college friends, no cousins, economics of course, no 'I love bullets' post, no silver, not even any 'vague thoughts extended'! God! What do I write about nowadays?!
A few new things -- photography, Shady, back issues...
And some not so new things, the things that remain -- exams, studies, moods, music...

This blog is a year and one week old today. Perhaps it is coincidence, but just like my own birthday was dry and minus the excitement this year, so has been my blog's. In fact, I did not even access my page that day - that too because of coincidence, I was not in Delhi, but even so.
I do remember the summer of 2006 though...Vague Thoughts' birthday was celebrated quite nicely. :) That blog was also quite an experience!

The calendar year is also coming to a close. And like every year, I don't know how this year went by so quickly. But actually it was a rather long year. I think we are just involuntarily accustomed to feeling that time flies. At least I am. And that is possibly because I have a fairly decent memory - I remember things, days, events rather clearly. So, even though the scenes from Jan this year are fresh in my mind, I know I've spent a lot of taxing times through the year too. And a lot of days have been very very long - they never seemed to end.
The tone of this post is moving towards sad, and that is not quite what I intended it to be. Neither am I sad today. I'm fine. (This is one of the ''I'm fine''s from my Orkut profile. For those who had doubts. :D)
So let us put it a little differently: Even though the days never seemed to end, they did. In spite of bad days, I had peaceful nights (barring some :D).
But yes, I started the year on a worried/lost note, rode through a whole gamut of feelings/experiences/thoughts, and am back to worried/lost. Hehe... Quite a cycle! :)
But at least I am more stable. That's reason enough to be thankful. :-)

I'm going for a little dip in the past today. Not sure how it's gonna be...again, time will tell. :-)

So, see you in a while. Tada!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its always good to remember the past, not sure how nice it is though.

God Bless, have a good year ahead.

Subhadip said...

May the dip be refreshing and you emerge wiser! See ya!

Shreya said...

Happy Belated Birthday dear twin blog.... Mine is dying a bit... Tell me what to write!!!

R said...

Living in the past or with it can't and isn't all that bad. I hope you'd agree. It's tough to just forget or let go. That's why memories stay. Some for good, some just like that.

Be good. Best for exams.

RB said...

*
Hmm...

Thanks. You too. :)

B. O'Hemian
I don't know if I emerged wiser, but the dip was certainly nice. Better than expected.

Shreya
Thank you thank you. :D

How can I tell you what to write? Kuch bhi likh yaar... college ke baare mein, friends ke baare mein, things that make you happy, things that keep you busy, Dramsoc, teachers, memories....kuch bhi likh!! Hope to see another new post soon. :)

Rohit
I think the differentiating factor between living in the past and living with it is that the first one makes one pretty miserable, whereas the second one is what makes one human. I agree, it is very hard to let go. And according to me, it is impossible to forget. Unless you're talking of a very long time lag.
That's why memories stay. Some for good, some just like that. Totally!

Thanks. :-)