Thursday, December 20, 2007

Random

Sad news: the flab is coming back. Uh, all that sweat! It is moments like this that make you want to go, "Why god, why...why me?" But can you blame me if I had a bad fall last year? If other than dislocating a bone, I also screwed some other things inside? And tell me, am I to blame if those 'other things' was a lot of space compressed between some vertebrae leading to some pressing of nerves? And that pressing decided to reboot one year later? Now I hope you do get that it is not really I(or is it 'me'?) who did all this. The funny bit is, I bear the pain, and I grow fat again. Has anybody ever heard of sharing somebody's burden? To top it all (yeah, I know it's for my own good), I almost get electrocuted every day. Science brains like T who do not want to sympathise even at my joke, would say, 'it's probably 15 amperes of current - you won't die!' Hmph! You get the darn physiotherapy done with weird vibrations running through your spine (via electrodes of course) and then talk to me! :|
But it is supposed to help. If not, well then we're in dangerous territory I guess.

I wonder how I would have killed time if I did not have all these defects to handle. Hmm...dearie god and his ways, huh? Crazy!

Talking of my forever screwed body, I think I will soon contrive (if one can) high blood(y) pressure too. Or maybe am already on my way. And this one will be rather simple, it's been in the family for generations. Coming back to the 'why' (there always IS one) behind this - yesterday I surprised not just a friend but even myself by yelling at a biker on the road. Of course, no doubt he was acting like a jerk....but two cuss words and "the road isn't made only for you!!" made him stop for a moment. As if he could beat me up or something!
And then today. I generally try to be polite with customer care people of any kind of service provider. But what are you supposed to do with several complaint numbers and being without a debit card pin for over three months? I yelled at the man today. By the way, this still is HSBC that SUCKS! DON'T ever transact with them. Even if you are dying. Take my word. So yeah, they left me yelling to myself even after I hung up. Maybe it's just the oldage that I was dreading, but it was really disgusting.

Anyway. So this is what I have been up to this past week. And of course, hoping that Shady's employers will have mercy too.
Oh yes, also doing some work which should actually be done by NDMC/CPWD. Maybe they should pay me for it, I might be able to pay at least one month's phone bill with it. Cleaning up and then paying somebody else for just carrying the trash out of the block isn't a funny job. And also have mofo neighbours staring!

So now I shall enjoy some Kishore Kumar, and you have a good night. Byeee!! :-)

PS - It doesn't seem to be a year of HAPPY birthdays (claim limited to my small world). It's Mithu's birthday today and she's spending it in a boring fashion on a train. Wish the bitch was here. Anyway, wish she has a great year and a lots of happy days ahead. :-)

7 comments:

Subhadip said...

Back pain: That's bad... sorry about that. I sympathize, but that "electrocution" is too much! I had taken that every day for one and a half month, it's no more than a tingle!

NDMC: What is it that you have to do?

HSBC: I will show my friends in HSBC this! This may not resolve your problem, but they should still know!

Hope you enjoy your Kishore Kumars... good night :)

RB said...

B. O'Hemian
It's NOT a tingle!! And today my doc was also acting slimy, asked me if I want increased 'tingle'. Hmph! Sab bade log aise hi hote hain.
But why did you need it? When?

Well, there was some trash lying outside my house for several weeks. The local cleaner said it's not her work. CPWD says it's NDMC's work. NDMC cleaners only come on Diwali and New Year's. So I finally put on my gloves and cleaned it up myself.

Yes yes, show it to ALL HSBC people. God knows what they're employed for. Can't even generate a PIN and send it across! Bloody!

Kishore toh always enjoying. :)
Good nights! :D

Butterfly said...

My father always curses HSBC and all other private banks. He always claims that his bank is the best:-)

High Blood pressure? Oh, that's not a problem. Just stop taking raw salt.

Sorry about your back pain though.I know how much trouble it can cause as my mother's back pain is revived every winter.

R said...

HSBC? Ah yes. Took two months here. How I'll tell you.

After the company I slog for got my account done (didn't take long at all, no) they sent fancy shit home - card, welcome messages, application forms, offers, etc.

I asked for the debit PIN thrice. Didn't work. Wrote an email. Didn't work.

Then one fine day I decided to go to their GK branch while hanging out there. I asked to meet the manager flashing my card since I am a customer. I told him in very calmly that I want to return the card as I don't quite fancy keeping rectangular shiny silver objects that aren't of any use AND that he can happily shove it up once I leave his room. I used those words.

I got the PIN in two days.

R said...

Oh and take care of your back.

RB said...

Sinjini
And which one is your father's bank?

I wish high BP was only affected by the salt intake. :)

Rohit
That is quite an interesting story. I am tempted to do the same, but I wonder if the nearest branch will entertain me this way or not, 'coz my branch is in Gurgaon.
But I really should try it out. Will be worth it. :-)

And yes, I shall take care. Thanks. :-)

Butterfly said...

My father's bank is Andhra Bank. As is evident from the name, it has its headquarters at Hyderabad.