Monday, December 10, 2007

Real Trains This Time

A plan that was being postponed for some time, finally got finalised on Saturday, the 8th. I was gonna board a train the next morning!! So, the next morning, I was on the Kalka Shatabdi to Chandigarh. According to my family, mera 'train mein baithne ka sapna poora ho gaya'. I was recently cribbing about how it had been two years since I last travelled by train. Although, it was not exactly the kind of fun I'd have liked - the one of travelling in a coach where you can open the windows. That's the real fun!! Anyway, I wasn't complaining.
We were going to Chandigarh to meet two of my most favourite oldies. We were returning the same evening. But this time by bus since there weren't any train tickets available.

I went to Chandigarh after almost nine years. Clearly, I didn't remember much of the city. But I fell in love with it yesterday. It almost seemed ideal - a lot like Delhi, and minus the chaos and rush of this place. What more can you ask for!


I clicked a lot of random pictures, and was happily stunned to see how clean the railway station and the bus station there were. They mop the floors there! Even though the same places in Delhi are relatively much larger and see much more traffic, they still have no reason to be like the kind of urinals they are!! Ugh.


The return journey was a little towards irritating. What with terrible traffic and a HORRIBLE movie being played in the bus. Why don't people donate money than making such shit movies like Dhol? It was nothing more than 2.5 hours of noise. Bloody! Thank god for AIR FM - it saved me from a lot of that noise. And also gave me a lot of Beatles, Billy Joel and so forth as added bonus. :-)

By the time we reached Delhi, I could not feel my neck. It was unbelievably stiff. But I'm glad we got Volvo tickets, otherwise I would not have been able to feel the rest of my body either.
Oh, I could not believe the number of cars parked at Murthal dhabas either. Crazy stuff!

Got home by 10:00 p.m., went through the usual night routine, and crashed soon after.

It was an incredibly beautiful weekend I had. Saturday was very different from Sunday, but it was just as much fun...although, Shady blamed me for having dropped a pastry (MY pastry)...while it was actually an accident. :( Hmph!

But like it's said, mulla ki daud masjid tak. I'm back to solving maths questions today. :D

7 comments:

Subhadip said...

Train journeys... aren't they lovely? Specially if you are with friends / family!

Oh, and talking of movies in buses, I once saw a Telugu movie (no, I am not making this up) in a Hyderabad-Bangalore bus. I don't remember the name, but I got the plot; it was simple: "Chiranjeevi beats up all 37 goons to restore his family pride".

~ Deeps ~ said...

trains are my fav mode of transport.....i just love going through them.....that too through 2 sleeper if weather is decent enough.........

nics pics, nice description :)
and yeah i am off to another train journey.......this time in desert :)

~ Deeps ~ said...

and yeah i have seen a tamil movie while coming back from munnar....crap stuff it was.......

RB said...

B. O'Hemian
Oh yes, they're super-lovely!

Haha...I really don't understand why they want us to watch these movies!

DK
Mine too! And yes, sleeper class ka maza alag hi hai. Ah.

Thank you.. :)

Aap karo aish...hum photos dekhenge. Have a nice trip. :)

Sumit said...

Btw... the bottomline is that the pastry was dropped... ab active/passive voice mein jo bhi bol do... [:-|]

RB said...

Shady
Chup oye!!!
:P

b. said...

Chandigarh is one of those places which still have an old-world charm...its quite a place though after a few days you would find the pace of life a little boring!

Train journeys are fun if you are on good trains...

By the way are Murthal dhabas up and running again?