Friday, June 08, 2007

At Tower A

Until today I didn't know how good a Friday could make one feel. Getting into a pair of jeans in the morning felt like heaven. I felt like I was going back to college.
Planning the weekend and then talking about it felt different. I literally have the next two days packed with things to do. Looking forward to some fun.
I am having a tough time talking in hushed tones at work. Every one looks like they're naturally soft, but they do match up to my standards when they're in the cafeteria. I don't know how they manage to be so soft inside the office.
The view from one side of the office is extremely beautiful. I think another golf course is going to be made there, and there are already some new buildings coming up around the place, but the view still has nothingness stretched till far away. It is unbelievably soothing to look out. Also, because the area is open, there is always a very heavy wind in the building complex. It feels awesome! I'm wondering how it would feel in winters. :D
A lot of people at work already know about the "vertical-motion-phobia" that elevators cause for me. It's just 2nd floor so I have absolutely no issues taking the stairs. But there's a service lift that takes us to the place where we can get chocolates and there are no stairs to that place. WEIRD!! And people laugh! :(
The commute is becoming fun by the day as I'm opening up a little and there's an hour each way to laugh as much as we can. Really! We're always a crazy bunch of women laughing all the way. Good fun.
The workload and pressure is already high and quite obviously, it will get worse in future. I'm just hoping that I'll be able to take all of it patiently.
The whole corporate/MNC feel is good so far, but going by what people always say, I don't know how long it will last. Enjoying it till it lasts. :)

9 comments:

Kanika said...

sounds good! Enjoy the weekend.....

Infact I bet you would....waiting for the post on that....

and btw...where are you working? I have no idea about you....how rude nahin?

~ Deeps ~ said...

it will last as long as u want :)

as for elevator phobia of urs....see this as a good opportunity to get fit :)

u will walk 2 levels of stairs many times a day, and since u wont board the elevator, u wud stay away from choclates :D

Silver Mist said...

Oh I can totally imagine the glorious feeling wearing jeans must have been after a long break from them.
I have often had nightmares about that!! :P

Nice office you seem to have. Good!
What's Tower A? The building where you have your office?

No elevators to the chocolate floor? Unfair!!!

R said...

Oh so you have already advertised your elevator phobia well. Not bad! :)

Unknown said...

Yeah I remember how you climbed the 6th floor of my office to come and meet me, only to realize that it is 6 counting several floors like Basement 1, Basement 2, etc. Meaning 6 = 9!
And it was in the summers right? Phew!

Enjoying reading about your adventures on a day to day basis in a new environment. Keep us posted.

Unknown said...

And yeah, no office crush yet?

RB said...

Kanu
Weekend was great fun. :)

I'm working with Watson Wyatt. Nothing's rude. :)

DK
Woh bhi point hai. :)

Hehehee...good logic! Although, I did beat the phobia and sickness to get a bar of Mars for myself today. I needed that between 8 long bloody hours of inductions and con calls...one after another!
Walking up and down happens only once a day. Who'd ever want to come down in the heat?!

Ishani
Yeah, 'glorious' is the word! :D

Office is good so far. Chocolate floor ke liye elevator hai, stairs nahi hain! :(

Yep, Tower A is the building in which my office is.

Rohit
I haven't advertised it. It's a genuine problem. :(

Woodsmoke
Yes, your building's system fooled me. :|
And yes, it was during summers only.

Glad you're liking the posts. I'm enjoying the new environment too.

Office crush? Ahem. Not really a crush.:P

That Girl said...

Guess I'll just flick your last line, enjoy it till it lasts. And what's with the chocolate floor? I mean, a chocolate shop up there or something? Chocolate Floor sounds SO fantastical and Roald Dahl-ian :)

RB said...

Amiya
Hehehe....
Chocolate floor bole toh the floor on which the shop that sells chocolates is located. :)