Monday, June 25, 2007

Rise and Fall

I had mentioned a pretty sunset in my post about Thursday. Friday’s sunset was equally incredible. Maybe more because it was in a completely different and contrasting place that I viewed it from but I was really completely lost when I saw it.
So, while Thursday’s was in a village & farms setting, viewed from a moving car, Friday’s was between two very closely placed high-rise buildings, viewed from the huge windows of my office. It looked surreal.
(And today I saw the setting sun by the side of Qutab Minar and very aptly positioned for a goddamn picture!! :/)
Sadly, I get to view more of sunsets than sunrises - which I think are even prettier - because of my routine. Sunrise infuses a very positive feeling in me. It is a refreshing sight. It has that clichéd new-day-new-beginning thing attached to it, but just the fact that I can feel that when I see it makes me connect more to it.
But then the setting sun also makes me realize that the day that passed was beautiful. It gives the perspective that I may need on certain days. Even if it was not noticeably beautiful, at least the end is. It is the perfect closure that one can hope for.

6 comments:

R said...

Setting sun by Qutub Minar must have been killer!

And isn't the "sad" bit of your life about sunsets and sunrises true for most of us? :O

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are blessed to experience so much beauty around you.

That Girl said...

Village & farms setting?! Thursday's sunset?? What, what? I'm so completely outta touch with your blog. Anyway, back now, so I'll go catch up with what you've been up to.

RB said...

Rohit
Yeah, man! It was incredible!!

Yes, it is true for most of us. And no matter how hard I try, waking up that early is impossible for me...the only exception is exam days. :(

EU
Oh I like the way you've put it. Yeah, I'm blessed. Wow! :)

Amiya
Welcome back!!! :)
Village & farms because I had taken a different route to come back home on Thursday, and that one had villages and stuff.

That Girl said...

Ah okay. Ohhh and I completely forgot to tell you - LOVE the two new pics. Your school and your college. LOVE the way it's done.

RB said...

Amiya
Did you just write 'your college'? It is yours too. :D
Ok now, YAY!! Thanku! :P