Thursday, June 21, 2007

Finding The Silver Lining

21 days, and I already know what a bad day at work means. I wanted to pull my hair out. I did not like the work that I was doing and only I know how frustrating it was! Thank God for friends on such days! At least someone was there to generate sentences like, "so you'll learn how to take pressure, workload, and shit work, all at the same time". Life's perfect. Well, accept it and go back to the work.
Moods are tricky business and it takes time to learn the art of handling them. I am learning by doing. Today morning I knew that it was going to be a shitty day, but I made the drive fun for myself - laughed as usual, got a very sweet compliment on my laughter too [:D], and so got ready for the work. At the end of the day, I came back with different people from a different route - the Valley View Road or the more commonly known Gurgaon-Faridabad road. Finally figured why it is called Valley View. That view was breathtaking! I could not have been in NCR to have seen that!! Also saw the sun setting from a small village and few farms. After that I saw some very lavish farm houses and a Hummer too. Then got dropped bang in front of the wholesale flower market at Mehrauli. This one is different from the one in CP as that one sets for only 4-5 hours early in the morning while the Mehrauli one is accessible all day. So I bought lots of red gerberas and yellow lilies and my house is looking all pretty now. :)
Mood okay, night is good, and tomorrow will be a new day. :))

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the completion of 21 days at work. Mood swings somehow always manage to hit the days work is at its peak, so...kamar kass le. :)
And I am going to Google Images now to see what kind of flowers gerberas are. Do not be amused with my cluelessness.

~ Deeps ~ said...

post some pic these flowers. i am quite bad in recognising flowers and remembering their names....btw what were u doing on fbd gurgaon road ?

Subhadip said...

Hope today is better than yesterday! These days will be there... can't really help it. Cheer up :)

R said...

What about orange gerberas? They're always so bright. :)
And yeah, these names are always confusing. I can still recall that Hummer was a Smashing Pumpkins song though. :D

RB said...

Woodsmoke
Hmmm...kamar kasni hi padegi. :)

Not amused but I'm sure if you did Google it you must have recalled that they're quite common here. Right?

DK
Pictures? I'm too tired! :D
Woh jo bahut saare colours mein aate hain...sab florists ke pass hote hain aur sunflower type petals hoti hain.
Fbd-Ggn to avoid MG Road. It's a much longer route distance wise but people say that they spend almost an equal amount of fuel whichever route they may take 'coz the jam on MG Road ends up levelling it.

Subhadip
Yes, today was much better and you know all about it. :)

Rohit
Yeah, orange ones are great too, but one type at a time na. :)
Hehe....But I was talking about the car. :)

Silver Mist said...

Bad day at work already? Hmmm..

Jayant said...

Uh ohhh...the first line of my latest post reads exactly the same way. I'm changing it right now.

But, I guess it's more because a bad day at work affects everyone the same way. :(