Friday, June 15, 2007

TGIF

The drive back home from work was looooong (1 hour 40 minutes – point to point) but funnnnn. I was laughing so hard that I could not breathe. I was literally gasping. :D No reasons for that laughter, of course. Silly little things, that’s all. For instance, we decided that Monday onwards we’ll carry pebbles to throw at all those people who cut lanes like crazy and follow no rules. A cab moving next to us in the jam was also doing the same and its wind shield already had a big crack. My window was open, its windows were open, I pointed my finger/hand/arm (my beautiful habit of wild gestures!) at it and at its driver to show the crack to my friends, the driver looked at me inquisitively and I started laughing. Looked at him and laughed. Looked the other way and laughed. The same old non-stop fit? That.

So the party was fun. Better than what I had expected. I know I’ve been talking about my office in all the posts that I’ve written this month but there were loads of fun things to discuss about office there too. Good music, good food, fun people...had a good time.

I came back home and saw my pc fixed. Maybe I should have cribbed about it earlier. But Ma’s such a sweetheart. Bhai and I haven’t had much time to get someone to fix it, so she got someone to do the job. :)
I’m uploading some pictures soon.

This is not related to the rest of the post, but I have started hating crowded places even more now. I cannot take too many people around me at one point of time! So now it doesn’t matter whether I’m in Chandni Chowk or Lajpat Nagar market, it’s the same and equally annoying & nerve-wracking.
Another realization is that in the last 2 weeks I have been very irritable at home. I don’t know if it’s the heat or exertion, but I know that it’s not good. Hoping for it to settle down soon.

And this is it for this Friday night. See you later. :)

11 comments:

Jayant said...

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. :)

Butterfly said...

I am laughing too. :-D
But, what is TGIF?
I think u forgot to mention crowded buses.

Unknown said...

@ Butterfly
TGIF is Thank God It's Friday.

@ Aarbee
Your Friday was obviously great. So what are you doing over the weekend?

Rohit Talwar said...

You know your pebbles idea is so fab, I think I'll do this every time I step out. And if I can manage the laughter fit you talked about, my, I think this city's traffic situation can be controlled.

RB said...

Jayant
I've put lots of them on my Flickr page and some on my photoblog too. Tell me if you like any of them. :)

Sinjini
Laughter is the best stress buster. :)
Yeah, I forgot to mention the buses because I am not travelling in them these days. They're a pain for sure!

Woodsmoke
I'm relaxing at home over the weekend. What about you?

Rohit
Yeah, we should all do it!! Maybe like that Feast ad where everybody at a traffic signal starts taking that man's case who honks a lot. Remember? :D

Silver Mist said...

I was kinda weird at home too. Most probably it's coz of the exhaution, I think.
Don't worry, this too shall pass. :)

That stones idea is AWESOME! Wow! :D

RB said...

Ishani
Oh, cool.

Awesome na?? :D

Subhadip said...

I know the ordeal in Delhi's heat can be quite a pain! But yeah, laughter works.. hope you have good car pool partners.

RB said...

Subhadip
Yeah, 'ordeal' is a good word. :D
Although, today the weather is quite nice. But then again, it took us 3 hours to reach from AIIMS to office today. So I don't know whether heat is better or rain.:/

Car pool partners are all right so far.

MeMyself_n_I said...

the pebble-throwing idea is damn cool, seriously!
and yeah, photos!!!!!!!! we want photos.
so the party was fun eh???

so how was your weekend?

RB said...

Tania
I've uploaded the photos on my photoblog anf Flickr page. Their links are in the sidebar.

The weekend was good fun. I slept through it. :D