Friday, March 20, 2009

Change Silence

Yesterday I finally visited Costa Coffee here in Pune. For those who don't know, I'm the consumer for whom studies and models are developed such that my mind can be influenced. A brand can rest assured that it will have a supporter if it manages to win my heart. Ahem. So, I had decided quite a while back that I love Costa and the muffins they offer. And the craving had been on since the day I found out about this place in Pune.

The outlet I went to is in the ICC Tower complex. Very small as compared to most Costas in Delhi, but I couldn't be complaining. Hadn't eaten all day, and my plain old grilled tomato cucumber sandwich was waiting to be picked. And my luck? These guys were out of chocolate chip muffins. I told them I'd come all the way from Delhi. Didn't work. :-/

A few things to compare between this place and the ones back home...

# These guys here let you pay in the end and not pay as you order. But, the payment system is the same, so they did a cheap thing of bringing the bill to my table without the bill book or whatever that little diary thingi is called. I didn't know how to hand over the money. So I walked to the counter with the bill and paid there. Was awkward.

# The music was bad just as it is in all their other stores. I was fine, I had Nickelback.

# I have a special liking for the still-to-figure common thing in all Costa staff. So I ignored the almost scary "good evening" they were throwing at every customer walking in. It was amusing. Why I didn't mind? I hadn't met or talked to anyone all day. So I really didn't mind the cute guy giving me a smile. :D
But yea, their training seemed incomplete.

# They helped me with the most awesome chocolate truffle after sooo long. It almost made up for the muffin they didn't have.

I spent about two hours there. It was comforting, it felt like home. Priyam's status message changes every day and it tells me home is less than a month away. Till then, I don't know how many times I'll manage to visit this place, but I know I will keep going back in spite of its shortcomings for there aren't many things which feel comfortable right now.


Yes, I am not a coffee person. It's tea. :)

4 comments:

~ ॐ ~ said...

The last line makes me feel good :)

RB said...

:)

P. said...

20 days only richa !!
Glad I am of some help =)

RB said...

:)