Friday, March 06, 2009

Second Family



There were a lot of people in the first sem to have fun with. This semester has been different. Fewer people have come close to form a stronger bond. Of late, there has been turmoil in most people's lives, and some of us have kinda tried to stick by each other.
These are the people I live with. Each one completes me. They're family.


Swetha - She claims that I am a lot like her real sister, but a recent discussion among the few of us reflected that the two of us are also very similar. She's crazy, sweet, caring, gentle, brainy, lost, and full of energy. It's refreshing to see her even if it is after two hours. She's that bag of cheer whom one cannot imagine without her smile. Things don't work that way. She and I believe that we are the perfect duo for all our marketing assignments because together we get extremely excited about things we do and we have way too much fun while putting together the jargon she's a pro at.
And she's the official draamebaaz of our group.

Ridhima - She's called Tip-Top by some for she is the true 'fashionable chic' from Delhi. But she's got brains to accompany her. And thank god for that because she's the only sane person among all of us. Balance is the gift god gave her and she doesn't fluctuate too much. She's got a brilliant memory and consumer behaviour is what she teaches me before every test. She takes care of everyone in her own, subtle way - won't make too big a deal out of things, and will ensure that she is around for the one who wants to be left alone, without being a pain.
She's the one with all the gossip too. :-)

Sahil - He is one of the most irritating guys in our batch. And of course, we love him for his irritating ways. He's almost incomplete without his loud mouth comments and quirks. He's a perfectionist and takes offence if anyone says that he doesn't know his work. I can't say I get along with him because we're equally crazy - I cannot match up to his level of madness in this lifetime. But I cannot even say I get along with him because we understand each other - we don't get each other most of the times. But there's this thing that we share and it's really special. Maybe it's the virgo/Delhi/SRCC connection. :-)
He is the kid of the group and it takes the effort of all together to handle his moods.

Priyam - She chooses to not 'hang out' with us, but she's one of my closest friends here. She and I together are the old, boring women. Or the gross, crude, perverted women. She's amazingly considerate, sweet, helpful, and a weird combination of crass & sophisticated. You've got to be with her long enough to see both sides. It's hilarious. Oh, it's probably because she's half Bong and half Sikh. Hmm... must be that.*
She was my partner in all creatives assignments, and the subject sucks this term because she is in the other class now. :-|

Robin - I admire him for the strength he has, and for his ability to stand up against all shit that comes his way or anyone else's way. He was in my GD group at the time of selection and that time I thought this guy is impressively intelligent. He's helped me maintain that opinion so far. He's sensitive at the same time and demands attention just as all the others in the group. Yea, we're a bunch of attention-seeking weirdos.
He thinks I'm the economics smart-ass and discusses his interest in the finance industry with me. Hee hee.

Gopika - She's my roommate. Is very different from the kind of people I choose to hang out and be friends with, but I like her for she's genuine (even in being dumb), and she knows where to draw the line between being sweet & caring and becoming intrusive. I gather that not many people can do that without being completely oblivious of your existence. It's nice to have her around.
She finds me *so cute* that she gives me lotsa free hugs through the day. It's kinda nice. :-)

Nidhi - She is spoilt in the truest sense of the word. So she has trouble making peace with most things around her. But, the same makes her the one who enjoys spoiling others around her too. She's loud and gets her point through to the other side, but she's (yet again) sensitive as well and needs basic appreciation for whatever she does for people around her. If she likes being part of your life, she'll make sure she's around for anything you need under the sun, and also ensure that you get whatever it may be that you long for.


How they complete me?
Swetha treats me like a kid, Robin expects me to be intelligent, Ridhima hopes I'd attain balance in life one day, Priyam is my partner in bull shit, Gopika completes me by her sheer presence, and Sahil brings out the sanity in me because he needs to be taken care of.

Love them all.



*In the interest of the fault-finding anonymous assholes, there is no judgmental bias implied here.
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Sumit said...

Nice post! Good to hear about so many great folks out there... funnily enough, there's an almost identical set of people here too... (Except that my roomie doesn't distribute free hugs... THANKFULLY!)

RB said...

Sauron,
Isn't it nice to have such people around? :-)
Sugat ko Grey's Anatomy ke latest seasons la ke do... wo bhi free hugs dega. :D

swetha said...

acha???? drama kaun karta hai??
ulti khopdi, chudail, ramsay brothers ki heroine.....love u
dat was almost an accurate description of everyone, but i refuse to be called the dramebaaz, im seriosuly a very serious person !!!!

Tangerine said...

Good friends are for keeps! u r lucky!!

nice post btw.

Subhadip said...

Happy to see this happy post :)

Would love to see the friends you mentioned here defend themselves like "Crazyspeak" has done.

R said...

:)

On another note, so, Robin expects you to be intelligent. Erm... I wish to ask him how is it to live with disappointment. ;)

Nidhi Trehan said...

*sniff sniff*

touched.. truly!

just one complaint..

I AM NOT SPOILT..!!!!


hmph..!!!


P.S.- strangely enough.. after reading your post, this place doesn't seem that bad after all..
thanks.. :)

Anonymous said...

Swetha,
Main thodi karti hoon drama bhai. :P
You're learning the language. I'm proud of you. :)

Tangerine,
True.
Thanks. :)

Subhadip,
Me too. :)

Well, two of them already have. I'll try and get them all here. Just wait for the Royal Screw to ease out.

Rohit,
Grr...

Nidhi,
Talk about misconceptions about the self! I'll get you as many people as you want to testify that. :D

The only good thing about this place is really the people. So you better come back next term.
Muah!

That Girl said...

Very Aarbeesque post and, as always, a good read even though I don't know anyone (except the crazy Sahil of course) you talked about. But since it got me out of my GR, you know I liked it :)

Butterfly said...

That's a great gang!Almost perfect...Hope it remains intact and you remain cheerful.:-)

RB said...

Amiya,
:-)
Glad it could get you out of your Reader.
Thanks. :)

Butterfly,
Thanks, girl! :)

P. said...

Aww , Im the crass old woman who can do creatives ..!!
Never been described better .. Yae !
=)

RB said...

Priyam,
Hehe...
:)

Sahil Chopra said...

The kid speaks:

Thank you for lovin' me so much.