Saturday, November 29, 2008

I voted !

There had been a campaign going on for the past couple of weeks - the ink on the finger after voting being the new fashion statement. I'm sporting it too!! :P
My picture on my voter identity card makes me look like a convict. And quite a horrid one at that. Today when I went to cast my vote, the people there could not even hide their surprise (actually their laughter) because they could not identify me on their list. One factor that made it harder was that I had my hair short cropped when I got that card made. It was a really funny exchange. :-)

This was the first time I voted for the government. The last time I voted on that machine was for DUSU and college elections in my third year. The guy I voted for did not win. I hope this time the candidate wins.
And I also hope those people on duty at the polling stations see more people through the day. The turnout did not look too healthy.

No comments: