Thursday, November 27, 2008

I did recall

25th Nov was my 12th standard English teacher, Mrs Shourie's birthday. It took two days to finally remember who it was. I called her in the morning and talked to her after about two years. I had not wished her last year either.
Her birthday was always a big day for all ex-students. The year she retired, we took a huge cake and lotsa flowers for her. And her favourite sundae too. :) A lot of other teachers did not like the kind of attention she enjoyed, but she was a fun teacher. Very pleasant to talk to and unbelievably pleasant to look at considering her age. And many people stopped visiting school after she left.
It's nice to still be in touch. She sounded happy on the phone. :)



2 comments:

Subhadip said...

That's so cool. I wish I remembered my teachers' birthdays, and kept in touch even after years of leaving school.

RB said...

Orkut pe nahi hain kya aapki teachers ya unke bachche or someone who is in touch with them? :)