Sunday, November 23, 2008

Good News

In the month of July, my batch was briefed by the faculty about an event that we were supposed to organise in November/December across 21 cities in India and Dubai. The planning started right then. There were arguments innumerable and there were fights that I will never forget. I was in the Delhi team and the event was finally wound up yesterday. We were a team of 25 - default number because there were too many people in the batch who belong to this city, and we had an even larger team of undergraduate students to 'help' us in the execution stage. Now there were a number of spectacular things that we achieved:
  • We did not fight after getting to Delhi. Team work in its truest sense. Loser freeriders were not given any importance because we stopped bothering about them.
  • We raised sponsorship and we reeeaally raised sponsorship!! Talk to me - I was in charge of finances. :D
  • Can't say this for others, but I managed to remain friends with all my friends on the team. Many other teams saw friendships taking a toll because of differences on professional grounds, but we really did sail through. And I'm pally with many more people today than I was with before we started working together.
  • The man I hate is just hated more and I could not care less.
  • Delhi is not high on an academic kind of culture. Bring Mika to dance and your tickets/passes would be sold-out for sure, but tell people that there is a day-long educational seminar and they'd look right through you. And to manage a housefull (550+) audience till lunch, and have a huge enough number sitting through the entire event is quite a feat achieved.
  • Some feedback forms read things like - desperate to be back for the event next year (!).
So I wish all my friends in the Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore and Kolkata teams lots of luck for their versions of the same event coming up in the next few days! :-)

Another feat achieved in the past week is that I got my old Airtel number finally activated. My brother and I never worked together on anything else in the past the way we did for getting this number. Innumerable trips to various customer centres and innumerable raised to infinity forms that I filled and re-filled and finally a superbly nasty complaint to the nodal officer of the Delhi region worked for me. I got the number after exactly one month of roaming on Reliance which, by the way, also is another pain in the neck. I know that the reason of my death - whenever it happens - will be these telecom service providers.

These were the two main news for this weekend. I'll be back after a short break. Tada!!

2 comments:

~ ॐ ~ said...

Its very heartening to see you do this !!!

I am proud of you Girl !!!

Shabaash !!!

RB said...

:) thanks.