Thursday, November 08, 2007

Festive Moods

I had been wondering why I couldn't feel the Diwali air around me. How I didn't even realise that my favourite festival was so close. The deal is that there is a mismatch between the weather and the festive days this time. The weather that Delhi usually sees around Diwali came and went in the early days of October. Somehow I'm glad that happened. Like I always keep saying, I am always nicely taken care of. I didn't, but somebody else knew that this year that air won't make me happy. I didn't deserve to be unhappy during some of the best days of the year. And I am not. I am very very happy today. I've always lived in this city but have never seen rain a day before Diwali. Today I did. And I want to believe that I know why the rain gods were happy. It's my November rain. The one I silently thought about a week ago. For once, I didn't find it irksome. Loved it. :-)
The weather's just incredible right now! I think it's the official indicator for winters to begin, and also for mosquitoes to go climb a pole.

I also continued my little Diwali tradition of getting mehandi on my hands. I did not have company this time, but being my stubborn self, there was no place other than Lajpat Nagar that I was going to get it from. So I went. Alone. It was a bit of a struggle handling my bag, the hair falling in my eyes, looking for an auto, and so forth....but I managed to get back home without smudging even a bit of it. Aren't you proud of me already? :D

One of the boxes of of mithai that have come home today have the funniest form of kaju barfi in them. They're shaped like different fruits. Amazing pieces of art! :-)


I think I'm going out with Pa for some little shopping for the house right now. So I shall be back. Maybe write more about Diwali. In case I don't, HAPPY DIWALI!!! :-)

It feels good to move around with a content smile on the face. :-)

6 comments:

~ Deeps ~ said...

MF :)
Happy Diwali to you and your family too :)
Play safe and have loads of fun :)

Sumit said...

Happy Diwali!!

Swetank Gupta said...

mosquitoes to go climb a pole

Lol! I thought the phrase was going to be a little more explicit. :-)

And those kaju barfis, I tellya! Initially I thought they were fruits, then I clicked on the picture and thought they were candles and then I read your post. What manipulation, man, these people. I tell you, one day this world will go to the dogs because of capitalism.

Now the above statement made no sense whatsoever but I just felt like saying it. I guess the "being content" effect is rubbing off on me, and when it does, I am always reminded of the dialogue by Dharmendra in the movie Chupke Chupke - Saheb, jab dil ati prasann hota hai na, tab bahut bad bad karne ko dil karta hai.

I live on the same principle. And you're at the receiving end!

Anyway, HAPPY DIWALI (can't use colors in this window - DAMN!). Have loads of fun and go burst crackers that go high in the sky (not rockets though) and then spread out, trying to encompass the whole world in one big, colorful, cheerful embrace. :-)

Take care & enjoy.

Unknown said...

Happy Diwali to you and your family. This is my second Diwali away from Delhi. Today is once again, one of those seriously homesick days.

Butterfly said...

HAPPY DIWALI!:-)

Those sweets sure look tasty! I love sweets so much....specially kaju barfi!
And Yeah, I am really proud of u for not smudging the mehandi.

Mosquitoes here have already climbed the pole.:-D

Btw, do u light crackers? I love them!

RB said...

DK
YF after really long. :)

Wish you the same!! Play nahi karte hum...just have loads of fun. :)

Wanderer
Yes, HAPPY Diwali. :-)

Swetank
Hehee... I think it was implicitly very explicit. :D

And LMAO! I wish I live to see that day. Even if it doesn't make sense. :D

Very apt quote there, though. And so amazingly true. :-)

Best of wishes to you too! The visual effect of your words is nice, but I don't burst any crackers or sparklers at all. Had fun, though.

Cheers! :)

Woodsmoke
Happy diwali to you too. :-)
Aap aa jao, will compensate for every festival that you've missed and every day that you've felt homesick.
Muah! :)

Sinjini
Happy Diwali to you too! :-)

Oh, I love kaju barfi too. :)

Thanku thanku...I'm proud of myself too. :P

Oh, they have? Lucky you! I think today's pollution will just take the ones over here to their graves directly. And I wish it really does. They just didn't seem to be in a mood to climb any pole. :D

No, I do not light crackers. But you have fun! :-)