Saturday, November 10, 2007

Festive Moods II


This time I don't even know where to begin. It was my happiest Diwali ever. It was literally brought in with tears of happiness, and I certainly could not have asked for anything more.
The day started very early as usual. Had the customary havan which was wrapped by 7:00 a.m. After that, I went out for a little walk in the beautiful weather. Also spent some time on the terrace. Came back for a little nap, and even before I'd had breakfast, I was out again. This time (happily) forcefully shoved into a car by cousins who had plans of visiting all other cousins in the city. I realised late at night that even sitting in the backseat killed me! It's not funny travelling from south Delhi to Rohini to Gurgaon and back and still not have stiff legs. But of course, it was fun without a doubt. Although, the funniest thing was what I did on my way back home. I think I used to do that when I was 5 years old. Car-tree-sardar uncle-poster-cycle pe people-hero heralal-red light-etc-etc.....spelling out everything that I could see from my window seat. It felt incredible!! :D
Got back a little late, so I had to find a way of making a rangoli that won't take much time. My pattern was the simplest ever, but filling it all with petals is always a painstakingly long task. Late night also made me realise that I killed my already dead legs even more by balancing all my weight weirdly for about an hour. I can't feel my legs right now. Anyway, Ruhi did help a lot with the rangoli. She also came up with the cheesiest senti dialogues just because she's leaving Delhi in three days. Bloody!
Just caught up with a few more friends after that, and sensibly got back inside my home by 10:00 p.m. since the pollution was getting crazy.

So, lots of phone calls, even more SMSs, loads of mithai, colours, lights, smiles, hugs, pictures, fun....and I had the perfect Diwali. :-)
I hope, so did you.

11 comments:

Sumit said...

Aarbee, delightful to hear that you had real fun this Diwali! I'm sure the 'Dilli Darshan' trip must've been gruelling, but still loads of fun. But where are the rangoli pics? I don't see them in the collage.

P.S. I hope the festive mood will continue.. :)

Sumit said...

oops! I scrolled down without giving the pic a chance to load completely!! AWESOME Rangoli....

Sumit said...

Strange! No one commented on the pic in the bottom right corner... awesome rangoli ke saath AWESOME smile ke baare mein bhi likh dete... :)

Subhadip said...

Awesome! Happy Diwali!

Hey, that spell-everything-I-see game is real fun. Specially the mock fights with others over trivial things.

~ Deeps ~ said...

good rangoli..........big week coming up now :D

RB said...

Wanderer
Awesome na? :D

I hope the festive mood continues too.. :)

Shady
Ok, I'm grinning. :D

B. O'Hemian
:-)

DK
Thanks. Yes, big big week. :)

R said...

Rangoli looks really cool.

RB said...

Rohit
Thanks.

Butterfly said...

I am happy to know that your Diwali was awesome.:-)
That spelling thing was really fun.
Even my Diwali was great too.:-)

Reeta Skeeter said...

:) too late... but glad to know u had fun.HB!

RB said...

Sinjini & Reeta
:-)