Sunday, December 07, 2008

All the latest updates

I wonder why people think it is 'cool' to not do the work they should/are expected to do. How does evading work become 'working smartly'? Or is it that I fall in the category of 'idiots' who actually take on the responsibility of getting the work done? I really wonder. What I think is being professional and responsible, people think is stupid. So I also wonder how stupid opinions can be.

___

Something new - I was out till 12:45 at night in Delhi. For a party. With dad at home. A very scary and exciting thing that I managed to pull off. It was an alumni meet (dinner and dance) some of my batchmates had organised for the alumni based in Delhi. It was sad that very few people from my own batch turned up for it. But I had to begin with the 'networking' business. I suck at conversations if they are for the sake of it. But no excuses for PR professionals. So I did manage to talk to a couple of people at the meet. A good conversation with a couple of them too. Overall, a fairly decent experience.

___

A long conversation with Avantika made me realise that there are very few things that excite me today. And it was certainly not a very exciting thing to find out.
Or maybe it is only small inconsequential things that excite me. Isn't that much better?! :D

___

It's been too long since I wrote about Shady here. I don't know if it is unhealthy or something to be so obsessive and madly in love with someone... but I enjoy it and it is one of the best feelings in the world. There still isn't anything that beats how his laughter makes me feel, and the comfort that a conversation with him provides. 'Dying to see him' is just an inappropriate phrase to express how I feel today. It's been six months. The countdown is going to be too darn long.

___

The temperature is quickly dropping, and the back is losing its little strength too. Some things plain suck.

___

I slept like a log today. That is one experience that beats all else. :D

3 comments:

Subhadip said...

Unfortunately some people think it is cool to avoid work. But you are not being stupid by getting the work done. Ultimately, you will be respected for your work ethics.

I guess it's perfect party weather in Delhi now. Take care of your back.

Butterfly said...

Strangely, 80% people think that its cool not to work the way they are expected to. Sometimes, I really wonder why you or I were not placed by God in that category of people. Life seems to be so much more easier for them...

RB said...

Subhadip
Haan, I'm doing the right thing. :)

Thanku! Will take care.

Butterfly
No, Subhadip's right. We're better off this way.