Friday, December 12, 2008

Doing the jig alone

It had been quite a sucky day so far. Just one of those sad days. But I am thrilled right now! The third set of assessment marks for the first semester just came in. Still remember the first set of marks - I was in the bottom 20% or so of the class. Even though everyone said it does not matter, psychologically I could not come to terms with 'low' marks. The score gradually improved, and now I am out of the 'likely to be detained' list. Anything below 50 falls in that. I am perfectly fine with the marks that I have now. Not looking at topping or anything close to that. There is no concept of first division or anything here. As long as you are on the other side of 50, life is good. And so mine is. Friends on campus have all been this side from the beginning. I took time. But these are just internal marks. End sems' result still awaited. I am just hoping it gets space on the blog. 5 out of the 13 papers are kinda dicey. :P

AS (the deputy director) sent the mail with 'enjoy' in the subject line. We're usually not in a condition to appreciate his sarcasm. Today, I don't mind. :)

9 comments:

~ ॐ ~ said...

sahi hai...

shabaashi hai aapko

That Girl said...

Yay for the nice marks! :)
[Been soooooo long since I last came here! I've just lost all blogging/commenting enthusiasm :(]

Subhadip said...

Well done :-)

Anonymous said...

congrats, i am sure u will be on the better side of 50 always :)

Anonymous said...

Man!! im outta the examination system for now :=)

R said...

Killer. Like you said, even if you took time, now that you have the hang of it, it won't be a problem.

Seems like a fun professor. :D

RB said...

Butterfly
Thanks.

Amiya
Bring it back! I sooo miss your fun comments!! :(

Subhadip
Thank you. :)

DK
Amen. :)

Fixxxer
Good for you. :)

Rohit
I hope so.

The prof is a strange man. My opinion of him keeps fluctuating.

Venkatesh. said...

Im still in the wrong side of it :(

RB said...

Aww... don't worry. You'll also be on the other side soon. The dimwits will go where they should. Hmph! You relax. :)