Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Another Round of Bullets

Here we go again!!

# Wrote more entrance exams, got more rejections too.

# Underwent physiotherapy for the back; crazy electronic stuff – MRI scans as well as the shock-like stuff that I was subjected to.

# Travelled by air for the first time.

# Interviewed and got selected at Businessworld. I did not join, but just the fact that they accepted me made me super happy because they’d rejected me after the written test during college placements.

# Went to the IIML, NOIDA campus with Shady for his interview there. Nothing achievement-like for me, but somehow it’s just a memorable day.

# I read a lot of fiction during my superbly lazy and useless days at home in the first half of the year.

# I also made my calendar which I keep mentioning all the time anyway. Received such a lot of appreciation that I am thinking of making another one for next year. But where is the time?

# I HAD to begin my PG this year itself, and so took up whatever was available.

# To kill time, I also did some freelance editing work. Earned a fairly decent amount of money too.

# Got my laptop and camera - Dell rocks, and so does Canon!

# Did a very very scary thing before leaving Delhi. Was just glad that Avan was with me in it.

# The biggest step of the year – moving away from home!

# Experienced (and still doing) the hostel way of life. It’s got its ups and downs, but I settled in pretty quickly.

# The same Businessworld also published a write-up of mine in its online version. Thanks, Jayant. :-)

# At the freshers’, I drank a little alcohol. Still bearing its consequences!

# I also went trekking on campus. No big deal for the residents of the place, but it’s got its due on the blog earlier.

# One of the major defects of the year – mouth ulcers! They drove me nuts for two entire weeks as I had to live on flavoured milk, idli and sugar.

# Something that made me super-duper happy was buying a plant. It was a very significant step because it gave me a sense of independence that is hard to explain.

# This year’s birthday was, well, insane! The video that friends made for me and the crazy time we had at McD’s was quite an unforgettable experience.

# I tried to play TT, hoped I’d learn, but gave up ‘coz I could not stop playing badminton with those rackets.

# Got madly addicted to Grey’s Anatomy and now dying to watch the rest of the seasons.

# Art of Living is another something that somebody tried to teach me. I should have figured that if it was so simple, I would have learnt it by now anyway. The way I live life is an art in itself.
But the sudarshan kriya (system cleansing exercise) was an extremely strange and unsettling exercise. I still don’t know whether I liked it or not.

# Went to Moradabad for a week and lived a completely different life there. It was a very pleasant and heartening trip.

# Helped organise the herculean Footprints (figure the sad typo). Still entangled in post-event work. :-/

# I voted. Sheila aunty won as well. :-)

# Completed a year of commitment, no crushes and no flirting. :P

# I recently mentioned the latest late-night party.

# Gray has defined a completely new way of life.

# I have the capacity to absorb a lot more than I could last year. I still bother about the tiniest of things, but on a relative level, I find it easier to let go.

# Unfortunately, have lost control on my temper. I lose it more frequently, and I react too wildly.

# I slept through such a lot of movie screenings that even when I paid for a movie at a theatre I was falling asleep.

# The new places that I visited with my camera - Humayun’s Tomb, Jantar Mantar, Old Fort.

# Made lots of new friends.

# Have been mean to some old friends, not on purpose, but I realise I did it.

Most of December is still to go. But I thought of writing this today, so am posting it as well. It's been a bloody long post, but it was an equally eventful year as well.
As always, it's been a mixed bag of lots of happiness and lots of pain. But as long as I am smiling at the end of it, I'd like to believe I'm perfectly fine. :-)

6 comments:

Subhadip said...

These bullets - I love too.

Quantify "a little alcohol" :-P

RB said...

Subhadip
:-)

It was one bottle of breezer, and 1.5 30ml drinks of Vodka with Sprite. It cannot get more explicit than that. And it really was 'little'. Conclusion - I was not drunk! :D

Shreya said...

You can perhaps add 'blogged religiously unlike others' to thos bullets!! :P

RB said...

Shreya
You've got a point there! :-)

That Girl said...

How I love your bullets! And how I realize I'd missed them :)

RB said...

Thankee... :)