Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wishing Well

I don't know the reason, but the blogging rate seems to have dropped here in the past two weeks. Maybe I'll just claim my usual - work is getting to me. Keep that raised eyebrow away, one CAN have employers who expect you to work. And one can be good at mismanaging time too. Both together lead to an awfully busy life. To add to it, thoughts about boyfriends 24x7 do not help. The extra 's' was just for kicks.

So the new year is almost here. Until end of 2007, every new year's eve I sat at home and sulked about my unadventurous life because of unadventurous parents. This year I am sulking about a research paper. Yes, sulking is the key word. You got it right.

Anyway. It's all in the name of a subtly romantic boyfriend. So it should be ok. (Don't try too hard to find the link. I'm writing like this just for fun.)

I'm wondering what 'special' thing can be done on the blog. The new year post was done three weeks ago. :-/

I wrote a nice senti piece about Dilli Haat, but somehow never got to posting it. I almost wrote about the superbly fun and the best ever Christmas I had. AND I really wanted to write about how it feels like to be in a normal relationship. But stupid Footprints, and submissions, and reports, and research, and projects fucked my head a little too much. :-/

I seem to derive some strange pleasure out of cribbing. Therefore, please note that I AM extremely thankful to the world that conspired the delay in my departure from Delhi, but I don't know what to do with all my luggage and the bloody 20 kg baggage limit! I would not have brought all the clothes for laundry, and all the shoes I have ever owned. If you're still wondering what the issue is - I was supposed to take a train back to Pune.

Joke of the day -
Guy to a waitress: "how do you serve this dish?"
Waitress: "How do we serve this dish. In a plate (with gestures suggesting what a plate looks like)".
I was there. At the same table.

Let's hope the new year is happy and peaceful. Enjoy it. Live it! :-)

5 comments:

Subhadip said...

That should be joke of the year!

Happy 2009. Have a safe trip back to the hills :)

Butterfly said...

Happy New Year!:-)

Anonymous said...

"I'm wondering what 'special' thing can be done on the blog."
It wouldnt be too difficult to move to Wordpress.
Happy dry new year!

R said...

I wish to bump into such people! She actually said that to the question? It's not a joke then you idiot! I'd love to meet someone with balls to pull that off.

Anyway, happy 2009...have a memorable year before the job stuff hits you. :P

RB said...

Subhadip
:)

I'm back!

Butterfly
To you too. :)

Airborne
Go away!

Rohit
Oh yes, she did! It was really a moment!!

And thanks for the wishes. Very much. :)