Friday, December 12, 2008

I know the world

It moved from being a funny morning to an uncomfortable one pretty quick. Today, while coming to work, I could put a name to every single face that I saw on the road. Stranger faces, known names. 'Uncanny resemblance' surely cannot be that common. I cannot possibly be missing so many people that I see everybody's face in strangers on the streets.
The mind has anyway been in a state of unrest since last evening. There is a new question that I am stuck with - why should I be forced to believe that what I am doing is wrong? In the same vein, I should not be doing that (directly or indirectly) to anyone else. But is it really as simple as it sounds? Who draws the line, and where do you draw the line? At times I feel this drawing lines business is such a petty one. Why can't we just let things flow?

I have never been a secrets person. I don't keep secrets. Rather, I cannot keep secrets. But I've still managed to keep one. It is my biggest weakness till date. Some people would be aware of it, but I have never acknowledged it in front of anyone but me. It's sad though that I have been made to believe that it is a weakness. No, not self pity, just an observation. I am sure there are many people like me - with the same 'weakness'. I am still unsure whether I want to change it or not, but (if) the day I do it, life will change. I will probably be a whole new person. As of today, I don't want to be her.

No comments: