Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Me and My Senses

This image is making me philosophical for some reason. It's of a bottle of my favourite perfume, the one I've mentioned several times here - Nike for Woman. Smell is a very small but important part of my life, it seems. There is a smell that I can associate with almost everything around, and all the fragrances I have used till now can instantly remind me of the times when I used to wear them even if I may have forgotten when I used to wear them.
This one's been with me for over two years. I had to force myself to buy a new one to move on in life, and that is quite nice too, but this somehow seems to define me in some sense now. I don't know if my thoughts are going too abstract now, but the freshest scenes in life are directly related to this smell. The near empty bottle is probably suggesting to let go, but this one's too special. I won't be surprised if I dig this bottle out in the market again. I remember, it was almost agony that I went through when I broke the last bottle and then searched for it all over this city for over three months.

And the symmetrical drops... :) ....maybe the steps that I've been taking. Strange. :)
Funny how I'm so attached to a material thing too!

8 comments:

Reeta Skeeter said...

Interesting!

R said...

Attachment to material stuff is perfectly alright. TO something else is pure sin. There I can go again... blame Megadeth.

Brilliant image, by the way. Love it.

Sumit said...

I agree...Being attached to material possessions is perfectly natural! And yeah, the drops in the pic are really symmetrical... neat work!!

Kanika said...

Nicely put

~ Deeps ~ said...

with nike for women....i can understand..............have told u before, its good :)

Unknown said...

This is an interesting post. Enjoyed reading it. I don't think I am familiar with the perfume as such but I can connect with what you are saying.

Shreya said...

its funny isnt it? how we tend to attach so much significance and start relating so many events and happenings with small objects...

nice snap... and nice post.

RB said...

Reeta
:-)

Rohit
You're actually kinda right. Hmm.

And thanks!! :D

Wanderer
Hmm...
Thanksh! :D

Kanu
:-)

DK
THIS is why I like you! :D

Woodsmoke
Good to know that you can also connect to it. :-)

Shreya
Heyy...you're back again! How've you been? :-)

True, it is kinda strange and funny.

And thanks. :)