Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Blur

I had always disliked the idea of having a dark background for my blog. It never appealed to me. Made things rather dull for me. So I refrained from using it. Then I read on someone's blog that since people complain a lot about the dark background of his blog, he wrote a post on another host and linked it to his blog. That was so sweet of him, and this is something I realise today. Over time, I have found it impossibly difficult to read blogs with dark templates. And what luck, most of the blogs that I do read are kinda painful for my eyes. Such strain! So I think I want to thank all the people with light templates today. Thank you! Really.

11 comments:

b. said...

hmmmm

Silver Mist said...

Errmmm, hehe! My blog is one of those, ha!
Good thing I'm not an active blogger, would have been a terrible strain on your eyes! :D

~ Deeps ~ said...

i dont think having dark background will put strain on reading.....wat puts strain is stupid color combinations that most of the people use with dark bcg....just keep it simple and good light pastel shades will dark bckgd will do the trick.......

R said...

Try highlighting the text the next time you're on such a blog. Er.

Funny, but so true. I have an issue with bright background ones. And at times people manage those really bright ones that I have to tone down the brightness of the monitor. Sigh.

RB said...

B.
Profound na? :D

Silver Mist
Yes, yours is one of them. :D
And yes, good thing you're not an active blogger. Hehe. But you know you can always change the colours and become active. :D

DK
Yes, the colour combinations do make a difference but a lot of reading on dark backgrounds is still painful.

Rohit
I do that anyway. :)

Yeah, bright backgrounds can be equally painful, but toning down the brightness of your monitor? :D

Subhadip said...

You are welcome :-)

That Girl said...

This is why I don't update much. Yes, that's why.

b. said...

Ya...very...

RB said...

Subhadip
:D

Amiya
Uff. I suddenly feel I should never have made this post. Make up your own original reason.

B.
:D

Reeta Skeeter said...

:| mera ek blog with dark bg hai and ek blog light bg wala... and now i know why i never see you on the other one :|

RB said...

Reeta
Haha! Could be. But I think that's got more to do with the fact that I'm not much of a foodie. :D