Friday, May 08, 2009

Dell rocks!

I bought a Dell laptop last summer. It is still under its 1-year warranty. But this warranty is limited to basic issues, and not for any damage done to the hardware. You need to pay extra at the time of purchase for that cover. I never felt the need for it, and so did not buy it. But like I mentioned here before, I'd broken a key off the keypad, and I did need assistance for it.
When I first wrote to them, they told what the process is, and the best they could do is send me a quotation for replacement of the keypad. I insisted for the repair under my existing warranty. Insisting here means writing back: "I expect this repair to be made under the warranty provided to me. Because if you are telling me that Dell products are this useless, I think it puts serious questions on the quality you people deliver". They wrote back saying that I should expect a call from their logistics team soon for fixing up of a convenient time for the engineer to visit and replace my keypad. 24 hours, and I have a new keypad. Moi is happy. Very very happy. For the first time I saw customer relationship management the way Kotler and the others talk of it.
I know I was a little unreasonable in this case. But they did not even put forth an argument. They just obliged. I love them. I really do. I could marry Dell if it were a man.

6 comments:

~ ॐ ~ said...

I have worked for Dell US for more than a year... customer satisfaction was one of the top most priorities of the company... and I am glad to hear that it still seems to be the case !!!

good good !

RB said...

I'm glad too. :)

That Girl said...

Dude, you're a scary customer! :)
Dell could be a guy's name, vaise. Will be on the lookout from now on.

RB said...

Amiya,
Hahaa.. don't you know of my history with all customer care people? Life's toughened me.
:P

deeps said...

sahi hai...enjoy the dell experience :)

RB said...

:) I'm enjoying.