Friday, February 27, 2009

Starry starry nights

From the days when I used to like clear night skies with nobody except the moon, and hate the clutter that the stars caused... today I've started liking the same stars. Maybe the difference is caused by the city vs hills surroundings, but they're quite a sight here. While looking up at the night sky I can almost feel a curve and a bend at the infinite corners. The star-less patches now seem empty. The stars can keep me engrossed and make me watch them for long. I wish I was poetic enough to talk about them in a nice way... but the shortcoming remains. And, it's also official that stars are coming closer to the moon in looking pretty. :)

9 comments:

Sumit said...

Oye... you don't have to be 'poetic' to talk about stars in a 'nice way'... also, if you're talking about 'rhyming' poetry, well, that's pretty much beginner stuff.... real poets don't rhyme :D

RB said...

Hehee... when did I say that I want it to by rhyming? :)

Still, wish I could put it in a way half as pretty as what you would have managed.

Ab testimonial do. :P

Sumit said...

'Rhyming' because for most people, the buck stops at creating rhymes.

And well, you're a far better photographer than I will ever be, and each picture is supposed to be worth a thousand words, so... do the math! :P

*ignores last line*

RB said...

:D Haan, ho gayi khush main. :D

But last line ko ignore maarne se effect dilute kar diya aapne. :|

Sumit said...

Starry night, starry night,
where have you been?
I've been looking around,
but never are you seen...

:D

RB said...

Lol!
Wanna get this published? :P

Subhadip said...

Starry starry nights - the title reminded me of a song I like - Vincent (I think I put it in my fav 30 song list on FB).

Well, the stars when viewed from the cities are totally different from the ones viewed from wilderness.

@Sauron - Nice poem :)

MeMyself_n_I said...

Hey it reminded me of the same song. :-)

i love star-gazing. Some nights when i can't go to sleep i go out to our balconey n plug in my ipod n just stare. :-)

When i was a kid i had forced my dad to buy me a telescope. :-p

RB said...

Subhadip,
Haan, I thought of the same song when I gave the title too. :)

About viewing stars from wilderness... couldn't agree more.

Tania,
Telescope, eh? Fancy. :D