Tuesday, February 10, 2009

First of its kind

Our director decided to give us five days off. Most people went home or to meet their boyfriends/girlfriends. I didn't choose either of these options, but I knew I could not stay on campus. After lots and lots and lots of thoughts about being away, on Sunday I finally decided that I should decide where I want to go. I almost went to Daman, but there were a little too many people to discourage me for that. I was superbly frustrated as well because it almost looked like I won't have company and it is "unsafe" to travel alone. But Priyam finally decided that she wants to be nice to me. After much deliberation and choosing hinterland over the beach (because we really were only two women), we knew we were going to Ajanta and Ellora caves.
It was going to be one backpack, and when her roommate, Ankita came to my room to help Priyam pack her stuff, we managed to convince her to come along as well.

It was a small, two-day trip. Following are LOTS of pictures of just the three of us. I shall talk all about the trip with pictures from the caves in the next post.

Better not judge me for putting up pictures of myself. I do not remember when was the last time somebody actually wanted to click me. Therefore, with much gratitude, I present to thee all the lovely pictures Priyam clicked. And the ones in which you see her are obviously clicked by me. I don't know why I said that last line.

Try and enjoy. We were three happy women.

At Aurangabad bus stop


Lunch at Ellora


Entry to the caves at Ellora


Ankita found a shady place to sit immediately after entering the caves

Self-mode can be a scary proposition when the terrain is rocky


Roommates, you see.


:D


We found her a cave as well


And well...




Towards the Jain caves post the second round of lunch that we had that afternoon






We reached a high enough point to see the setting sun, but will have to admit it was not even half as pretty as it is here on campus.


At our hotel in Ellora


And the next morning at Ajanta


We clicked so many pictures of ourselves on the first day that there were almost none on the second day. Also, at least I was too engrossed in capturing the Buddhist paintings and sculptures at Ajanta to click these two lesser mortals. All that with details in the next post. Right now I need to sleep.

7 comments:

Subhadip said...

Nice.... so glad that you finally made it :)
The pics are candid, shows how much fun you had. I like the close-up portraits of Priyam and you, I think they are one of the best angles for both of you.

Waiting for the stories and more pics :)

RB said...

Thanks... for being glad, for liking the pictures, and for listening to my crap the other day. :)

Next post up soon.

P. said...

The pictures look even better on the blog Reitcha !! And my photography actually got appreciation =)
One of the best trips I ve taken in my life, thank you Richa.

Anonymous said...

nice pics :)
i am really happy for u :)

MeMyself_n_I said...

Aah really mice pictures. I wanna go to Ajanta n Ellora too!

And tag was really fun to read, though u broke one of the cardinal rules. :-)

~ ॐ ~ said...

o!bete... je to sahi hai !!! three lovely ladis roaming around in the caves :)

proud of you my girl for making this trip !!!

and did I tell you that the pictures were funn?

RB said...

Priyam
:) Yea, I love the pictures too.

And well, you're most welcome. Just learn to walk a little quicker. :P

DK
:) thanks.

Tania
Hehe... yea, you must go. They're fun places.

But what rule did I break? :O

OM
Sahi hai na ekdum?! :)

Thanks hai aapko. :)