Saturday, June 28, 2008

It's the update season

The girls gave me a super duper hot pair of silver earrings. Parul gave three pairs too. Mansi bought me other stuff. My family took me out for dinner today. Cousins coming over tomorrow. I am being pampered like crazy. What is ironic is that I have not felt as 'alone' in a long long time as I did in the last two days. I don't know what is really happening to my mind.
Anyway, first check out the silver. Hot or what?!


Golf class hangover or managing a bad hair day? Digesting strange women-y gossip or pretending he didn't hear it?
Acting plain wannabe or actually pointing at the new earrings?
Go figure! :-)


Art in the blood, baby! Or water. Whatever. (Not mine. That's Priya at work!)

I have also been doing things that I never thought I'd do. Or rather, that I'd have to do. And then there are some that I did a second time. Felt just as sick as the first time. But it was due.

Another news update is that I won a photography contest. My first ever - supported by DFC on Flickr. Loadsa thanks to the people who voted for my photograph.



The new near-disastrous hairstyle has started looking much much better. It's 'cool and sassy' now. :D :P

Visited a fancy hotel today - Intercontinental at Nehru Place. These places cause too much of a discomfort for some reason.

And now about tonight's dinner. We went to The Great Kebab Factory at Punjabi Bagh. I have things to write about the restaurant AND the location. Firstly, I liked the different style of serving they had. Made me realise that I was tired of the same old stuff. And I never knew that a buffet could come to your table too. They serve you with starters, one by one, and keep serving till the time you tell them that you are ready for the main course. You get to taste all that there is on the menu. And then similarly the food is served. That is followed by dessert. You have options all along, and you can choose to try it all too. What I really appreciate is the fact that it is hard to be efficient with this kind of service. And they were very efficient. The food was good too.

And Punjabi Bagh! Do you remember that party scene in Sarfarosh (Aamir Khan one) where Sonali Bendre's brother talks to someone about Delhi and mentions Punjabi Bagh? I really hope you do. That tone in which he says it can't be missed. So, this is the real Delhi-Punj locality. The Punjus that are talked about all the time live here. The ones that wear bling and talk bling and drive bling and basically LIVE bling. The restaurant obviously had most such people there. And it was almost full. There was more than one family of 10 and more. I felt like a pseudo Punjabi between them. One man entered the restaurant doing a balle balle yelling to someone who was waiting for him that he finally wasn't late on this occasion. He did a balle balle ! With lots of loud OYEs ! All of it was just too amusing. And I wondered why people call ME loud. The lone south Indian family there looked like aliens. Seriously. :-)
By the way, I do belong to a loud Punjabi family, but we are neither bling nor go balle balle in public. More blended maybe. :D

On a more serious note, I would really like Butterfly to update her blog soon. Too much of a coincidence wrt name, age and location happened in the news. I know it wasn't her, but would still like to see her presence.

Oh, my point&shoot is still on the job. 50 more to go before it reaches 5K. Now I am sure the milestone will be reached. :-)

It's good to see double digits as this month's total posts. Happened after quite a bit, innit?

Will be back with more updates very soon. Till then, tada! :-)

9 comments:

That Girl said...

Oh my god, I looooooooooooove the earrings!! The hoops are too gorgeous for words!!! LOVE 'em.

I lost you for a while there, things that you did/never thought would do/had to do... anyway, a huuuuge congrats on your first photography win!! :) :) Awesome. I love that pic... did I fave it? I should've.
They run this photo contest in The Hindu Saturday supplement. New feature. Click quirky/odd things in the city and if it gets featured you win. If you hurry you might just get another prize before you leave Delhi :)

Oh man, I can so imagine all that bling you're describing, and the place. Can also imagine the lone south Indian family sitting there feeling quite out of place and not a little shocked. "Ayyo, indu oor karana... appha!" (or something like that) [Rough translation: Ayyo, these northies... god!]

Btw, what's with the smaller font? Do you make the font smaller if your post is longer than usual, han?! :)

Butterfly said...

Very good post and nice earrings!:-)
I was not updating my blog because my exams are on. I updated it today. :-)
I'm glad you thought it wasn't me.:-)

RB said...

Amiya
Oh yes, they are unbelievably hot! I love them too. :)

Never mind the vague stuff, and thaaaaanks!! I hope you've fav'd it. :D
Oh the contest sounds fun. But abhi I am really pressed for time. Don't think I'll be able to do anything about it as of now. Waise bhi right now I am basking in this Flickr glory only. :D

LMAO@the Tamil thoughts! Hehe.. I can also imagine them saying something like that. :)

I am completely loving the smaller font. Started using it 'coz the normal one looked too big to me on my laptop's screen. I hope this isn't too small either.
And when I have such daddy-cated readers as you, why would I bother camouflaging the length of a post? :)

Sinjini
It really is very good to see you here. I thought it was you, but then confirmed that it wasn't you. :)

Thanks for liking the post. And good luck with the rest of the exams.

Subhadip said...

Nice earrings! See, it's so much easier to imagine these things when you have a pic! Chandrakanta, Football, and Physics lessons don't help at all in imagining earrings :)

Ooh! Kabab Factory! Love those affairs. Hmm... why didn't I visit one this time?

Congrats on winning the photo contest. Way to go!

Unknown said...

Great going with the contest win. And also with the additions in your earrings' collection.

Anonymous said...

congrats :)
nice earrings
Great kebab factory is a very good place.....and its awesome for non veggies :D

RB said...

Subhadip
Sure thing. :-)

You still have two days. Run!

Thanks. :-)

Woodsmoke
Thanks. :-)

DK
Thanks.
And I am sure it's awesome for non veggies 'coz it was pretty awesome for veggies too. :-)

Swetank Gupta said...

Very phunny post. :)

Not much of an expert on the earring matter, though. Can totally imagine the Punjabi feel - have a Punjabi friend who used to live in Punjabi Bagh, and was loud (and fun!).

And a BIG CONGRATS for the photography contest! See, I wasn't mistaken when I picked you for clicking. Woh kehte hain na, heere ko pehchaan bas ke johari ko hi hoti hai. :P

All the best with the formalities before you leave (or have you left?).

Anonymous said...

Jesus the earrings look even better here than they did in front of my eyes! I am totally swiping back our gift :) cannot believe you put up the maha lame pictures - though theyre looking maha cute on your blog :) And whenever you feel lonely - Call on me!!