Saturday, April 28, 2007

Bheja Fry

A day that started on a hyper note – sleeping at 0130, waking up at 0500 and then setting and resetting alarms every 10 minutes till 0700 to catch just a little more sleep.
So, with just a little sleep I could hear some buzzing in my head just before the exam. Not a good sign, I hardly ever do that to myself the night before an exam, but I had no option.
At 0900 I was handed such a royal paper that I wanted to walk out of the room within 15 minutes ‘coz I was sure that I would have to repeat the paper next year. This had never happened before! I consoled myself by thinking about all my friends who were in the same situation. Made myself sit there and write. There was a fan in the room that was making a lot of noise and I had told Ritika (the girl sitting behind me) before the exam that when we won’t have anything to write, we’ll just listen to it creaking. I did that for 25 minutes. Ugh! Ugh ugh ugh!

Falling and tripping, I think I am growing up to be a clumsy woman (my biggest confession on this blog). So I tripped on an escalator today, thankfully I was still down, and broke my favourite chappal. Had to live with that damned thing for so many hours (and a little bruise too. :( ).

But I am also learning to take care of myself. I’d like to believe that my fight against my moods is going good. So I decided to go for a movie considering that I have a decent gap before the next exam. Today being a Saturday and Ma being home, I could not possibly have gone alone so I put on my favourite red skirt (taking care of a mood, remember?) and took her along. Bheja Fry!

Bheja Fry has one of the best comic duos that India has today. They started with Channel V, if I am not wrong and have featured together several times – Vinay Pathak and Ranvir Shorey. They, along with Rajat Kapoor, Milind Soman (looked hot!) and Sarika made my day. I don’t remember seeing a better movie than this in ages. I don’t know about technicalities but I know that I have never laughed in a theatre the way I did today. It was outrageous! If you think Khosla ka Ghosla was good, I’d say this is three times better. Vinay Pathak is definitely the man of the movie! It’s about him, it’s his. AWESOME! Classic stuff! And the best thing about it is that you don’t have to leave your brains home unlike for the stupid movies that have started coming and becoming ‘superhits’ too. Plain, clean comedy – that’s what it is.
It’s a must-watch for anyone who wants to have a good laugh.

And now I am going back to have some ‘economic development in my sleep’.
Tada!

15 comments:

That Girl said...

Google Reader update at work :)

Forget Systems. Outta your mind. "Out, damned Systems! Out, I say!"

Oh is it that good a movie? Wow, cool. I wanna watch it now. Haven't even seen Khosla Ka Ghosla and I'm told that is a great movie. Tomo, maybe.

And yes, I like Vinay Pathak. Caught an interview of his a coupla days back, and he's quite funny :) Was mentioning how, once he did the role of some US-returned hero ka bhai, he just kept on getting the same roles... just the country he was returning from was changed sometimes. And he was kidding that directors used to tell him, "different role hai, isme aap UK se vapas aaye hain" :)

That Girl said...

HT's Khalid Mohamed gave it 1 out of 5, imagine. But I think he was personally biased against the movie because of the stereotypically prejudiced (his words) way in which some Muslim character was portrayed. But apart from him, have been hearing nice reviews about the movie. It's sad when movie critics slam a movie just cuz they find some one thing personally offensive. Though dunno, can't say if he overreacted unless I see it for myself.

RB said...

Amiya
Yeah, it gotta go out. Out it is!

It is definitely a good movie. And you haven't seen Khosla? Why dya keep missing out on all these good movies??
And lmao@ the UK thingi. It's sad though. The man's too good ya.

And that's what Khalid Mohammed said? He gave it a 1? I can't believe it. I read some review in which it was criticised for its editing and stuff but that's different and is ok. This is ridiculous. I did not even notice anything and can neither recall. Maybe there was something offensive which he noticed because of obvious reasons but then it could certainly not be reason enough to write a movie off. Sad!

Aur ja ke dono movies dekh tu!

R said...

I wish Ranveer was still regular there. He was awesome.

And yes, I decided to go for it the day I saw the trailor. Just gotta find the time. :x

R said...

@ Amiya
Those aren't critics. Those are jerks.
Nikhat Kazmi still does a better job.

Jayant said...

Ah yes, a royal paper indeed. I'm just glad I wasn't the only one who screwed it up. Although, only the results will tell who actually screwed up. Hmm... :(

I've been dying to see Bheja Fry! Vinay Pathak is awesome. Simply loved him in Khosla ka Ghosla and can't wait to catch more of him in this one.

@ Amiya: Khalid Mohammed should have a look at his own movies first and then think of commenting on others' work. Seriously, the kind of crap he comes up with, where terrorists are shown to be victims of circumstances, where actors like Shabana Azmi, KK and Tabu are wasted on badly conceptualised characters and where he thinks he can actually make people like Riya Sen, Arjun Rampal and Ashmit Patel act. Critic, my ass! Bah!

@ Rohit: Nikhat Kazmi? Seriously? Well, she's smart is all I can say. She gives the kind of rating that people would want her to give to all sorts of shit that comes out of the K Jo and Y Cho camps, but her reviews tell a totally different story. So, in the end, she basically leaves you confused. Well, maybe not the intellectually challenged ones whose weekly dose of keeping updated on current affairs involves checking out the 'stars' given to each new movie by the so-called critics.
I personally like Zia-ul-Haq of The Hindu. No stars, no non-sense, just a plain old non-biased film review. Of course, you can only appreciate his views once you get used to his overly flowery style of writing.

R said...

@ Jayant
Yeah, I know what you mean. But at times I have noticed her reviews have very similar thoughts..
Anyway, Zia-Ul-Haq? Next time!

RB said...

Rohit
Yeah, he's good but I personally like Vinay Pathak more.

And FIND the time. It's anyway a short movie. Hardly 90 minutes.

Jayant
Yeah, results will tell.
But don't die. Go watch it. You liked him in Khosla? Khosla mein to sirf aato hi bolta hai. I really can't get over this movie yaar. Tharki!!! (Sorry, it's just one of the several hilarious things from the movie) :D

~ Deeps ~ said...

i hope u r much better now after the fall.......take care lady :)

havent seen the movie yet, wud love to see it but no time.....last weekend when i had time, i saw the play - city of djinns and it was good....

maybe i will watch it on vcd cuz next week spidey gonna be in town :)

@rohit
i remember nikhat kazmi giving 4* to "Hello Brother" ....

R said...

@ Deepak
REALLY?
That's it. To hell with Kazmi.

Anonymous said...

hehe.. i'll try getting the dvd out. :) good luck wid ur exams~

RB said...

DK
Haan, the bruise is healing. Thanks. :D

Oh I've heard a lot about City of Djinns. Niiice! :)

And Hello Brother? Hahaaa...

Perceptive Girl
Yeah, you should. It's superb.

And thanks. :)

Amandeep Singh said...

......." Its ringing............."

Loved that movie to teh core!!!!

RB said...

Standbymind
"Redial"
I swear man!! It's one of the best ever. :-)

b. said...

I loved the movie too!!! And the best part was that its a situational comedy...and as you rightly said you dont need to leave your brains at home :)