Friday, July 20, 2007

Being Myself

I had a strange (nice) feeling when I stepped out of home for work this morning. The nice bit of it was mostly because it was a Friday morning. There was a weird dawning observation kind of a thing that was happening in my head too, and I just feel like writing about it:
I have literally lived the last 3 years in oversized t-shirts. Not that I didn’t know that they were loose then, but now that I wear properly fitting shirts, trousers, etc four days a week, the comfort and delight that one of those tees gives on a Friday is unbeatable. Same goes for jeans!
I was wearing small beads that Mithu gave me long back.
I was wearing my favourite(st) watch which was originally owned by Bhaiya.
I was wearing the sunglasses that I recently bought with my own money.
I was wearing the scientifically right, comfortable footwear which were bought right after my stress fracture.
I was carrying the bag that I used to carry to college.

Basically, if someone knows me, and knew about all this stuff, would agree that everything was defining me very well. My people, my style, my weaknesses, my mind.
It all felt kinda good.

+++

It was the last day of one of my favourite people at work today. I think I will miss her.

+++

There was still daylight when I reached back home today, so I thought I’ll go out with Mithu. After killing time, eating not-nice food, and realizing that it was 8:45 p.m. already, I got an idea! We ran and did some speed shopping. Went into Benetton (the place that NEVER has clothes my size and the place that I stopped going to loooong back) and made her try a few clothes on, which all had a terrible fit! Then we ran faster to a place that I LOVE – Wills! The first thing she tried looked sooo cute on her that we instantly decided to buy it. The price tag meant that my wallet would be empty after it but thankfully I have a personal active bank account now. We were both very proud of our purchase, and it was the first of my presents that are bound to go some friends’ way (first job and salary and stuff, you know! :D) From there we ran to the close-by ATM and withdrew some money. It was my second time with my own card and it still takes a little bit of extra concentration to follow instructions on the machines. Needless to say, it is fun. But then the realization of my expenditures also starts striking there. Another thing that I have realized is that I am a spoilt child. No wonder Pa keeps throwing a fit every time he sees phone bills and my clothes’ bills. I spend too much!! But it’s ok, I have made it very clear at home that I don’t want to account for my first few salaries. There just are several things that I want to spend on.
:P

+++

I am wondering when I became such a moody person. I clearly remember better days. And I can’t find the starting point of comments about my moods from friends. It gets quite taxing at times...
+++
Oh I didn't annouce here. I am finally a full fledged graduate. :D :D

7 comments:

b. said...

Hey congratulations for getting the graduation done!!

Its a nice feeling to spend your "own " money!

Have a great time with the first few salaries ;) They are the best!

Unknown said...

Heartiest congratulations.

~ Deeps ~ said...

Congratulations :)

R said...

Congratulations!!! I am sure there's nothing to save already! =)

Subhadip said...

Congrats on graduation, personal(!) active bank account, ATM card and new prchases!

RB said...

B.
Thank you! :)

Yes, it is. And not nice being almost broke on the last day of the month. :(

But I shall try to have all the good time. :D

Woodsmoke & DK
Thanks!! :)

Rohit
Thanks. You're SO right. :P

Subhadip
Thank you, thank you, thank you! :D

Butterfly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!:-)