Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Time Pass

I am Vikram Khare. 23 years old, working, and living with my family. I am an ordinary guy insofar as I need and have friends, have ambitions, and try to live life happily. I think I am different from a lot of people because I get let down often since I always find people who are not like me. Of course, I understand that no two people think alike and the differences are bound to be there but I get misunderstood or not understood at all quite often.
Maybe my thoughts get a little too idealistic at times, but I like things that way. I don’t see why it is necessary to be crooked to handle the world around me. I am sure there must be some way I can remain honest and truthful in future just the way I have been in the last 23 years.

No, I am not always like this. I am like any other guy who believes in keeping things simple, does not understand a woman’s mind, and thinks that alcohol isn’t all about getting drunk.

I don’t have many friends but the ones I do have are all good and close. I have been collecting them from school onwards. Guys from my basketball team in school, girls whom I found cute in the initial days of college, and a few people from here and there. They’re all people who make me happy every time I see them and that’s more than good enough for me. We’re a bunch of crazy idiots at times, and sensible grown-ups meeting life every day at others.

You must be wondering why I am telling you all this. Actually, my ex used to write a journal and I always wondered what the deal was about that. Now that we’re not together any more, I thought I should give it a try. But since this is a blog and maybe some people will read this, I thought I’ll write a little something about myself first. It’s turning out to be fine so far.

She was a nice girl, you know. We were together for almost a year. But I don’t know what went wrong. She said to me that she cannot understand me. But I thought I’m a simple guy who doesn’t think too much. Oh! Is that why I never understood her (as she says)? But I did understand her. She loved me, she cared for me, she understood ME, gave me a lot of space but was always there for me too. She wasn’t too needy, was always (almost) composed, and just a sweetheart. I thought I could spend the rest of my life with her. But maybe things weren’t meant to be. I miss her. She looked cute when she smiled.

Anyway! I love driving my other and only sweetheart a lot. My lovely, black bike. She and I have been together for a longer time – 4 years. And she is cute too. No, she’s hot! She helps me fly!

Hmmm...this writing business is making me philosophical. It’s not bad but what’s the need for it? People say it might let your creativity flow. Isn’t my creativity visible in my dirty jokes? Some say that you feel lighter after writing. Dammit, I am talking to a computer screen. This is heavy stuff!
But nobody had asked me to write. I chose to try it myself. Hehe... Yeah I know it's lame.


I don’t think I can do this every night. I’d rather sleep for an extra 15-20 minutes.

Vik

11 comments:

That Girl said...

Hm, I'm very curious to know what'll follow. This can turn out to be very interesting.

Subhadip said...

Interesting... who is Vikram Khare?

~ Deeps ~ said...

????????

Kanika said...

okay....what???? Who is talking here?

RB said...

Amiya
I don't know what should or will follow. Why don't you write the continuation? It will be SO cool.

Subhadip
Hmmm...I don't really know him. I just met him once.

DK
What happened? :-)

Kanu
I was bored so I created Vikram Khare and invited him to write. Ok? :-)

Kanika said...

hmmm...Oh....ok...some ghosts just came rushing out of my closet here....

now i will read it again and perhaps comment on it...:)))

Why Vikram Khare??? ne specific reason for the choice of name?

RB said...

Kanu
Why Vikram Khare? Ummm....I'm quite fond of the name Vikram. So that was the first name that came to my mind while writing. And Khare because I knew that I did not want to write Sharma, Gupta, Malhotra, etc,etc. So the first surname after all those came here as well. :-)

Unknown said...

So he is a "simple" man, loves the automobile he owns, and his ex wrote a journal? Hmm. I am curious to see where this goes.

RB said...

Woodsmoke
Actually now I am a little curious too. But I am just as clueless about it as anybody else.

Swetank Gupta said...

How did I manage to skip this post of yours?

Very interesting. While I was reading it, I felt the guy had a very childish attitude towards things by the tone and in the way he's trying to reason out everything. Awesome!

And I absolutely LOVE the way he says I understod her and then goes all me, me and me.

It does read like someone's first journal, where he's self conscious, justificatory yet trying to bring in that element of being casual by talking about getting drunk, cute girls and dirty jokes. I love the ambivalence of it.

I don't know if this post called for such an analysis but it really gripped me when I was reading it, and I do hope you'll continue it. It is yours and only you should give us a peek into his character.

RB said...

Swetank
Wow! That was quite an analysis! I love the way you've dissected this guy. Frankly, I just wrote whatever came to my mind. I just had a vague picture of him in my head. You seem to understand him the way I'd not even thought.

The thought of continuing this is good but I don't know how to go about it. But maybe I will let him write more someday. :-)