Sunday, January 21, 2007

Fears vs Serenity vs Joy

In the recent past I have given up a lot of things and beliefs that I thought brought me good luck while perhaps it was just what my mind believed to be true. And I think I am sort of happy about it. Of course, the reason is just as simple as that I realised the truth.
But then there are these other thoughts that have found a corner in my mind and they direct some of my actions. I know that they are not wrong or negative but just the fact that they are different from how things were earlier makes me think a little more as to which one is better.

Every time something good happens, even though I do feel like writing about it (like I used to) I don’t. And it's not as if I am forcing myself.

I realise that my mind is a little over-worked at present but I think I am doing just fine. At least I’m still in the category of normal as per my definition of it.

But this is my phase of neutrality. And it gives me a good enough opportunity to smile.
So here I am; I did not write about what I was contemplating but I’ve written a whole lot of other stuff. :-)

10 comments:

Swetank Gupta said...

Sounds familiar. I think I've heard it somewhere. Maybe in my head!!

(Oh and a MF finally, after a long time.)

Kanika said...

Hmm....Well it is definitely good writing and great thinking. But i know what you mean. The sub concious plays a very strange rold in our lives. We never really understand yet it is all us...Now I am confused....

Subhadip said...

Good that you are thinking - in the process, you may be confused, you may repent, you may not like many things, but you will surely become a better person.

Keep smiling :-)

~ Deeps ~ said...

thinking too much.........

RB said...

Swetank
:-)
Yep, YF!

Kanu
Thanks. And yes, I totally agree with what you say about the sub conscious.
But why are you confused?

Subhadip
Thanks so much. In the process you know what else happened? I realised that that flow is missing in this post. :-)
And I couldn't help it.

DK
hhehee...
maybe....

Butterfly said...

I am totally confused after reading this! Don't understand how to comment on this! All I can say is that the post was thoughtful.

RB said...

Sinjini
It's perfectly all right if you are confused because this was a spontaneous post without a purpose. I wrote because I felt like writing.
2-3 months down the line even I wouldn't know what I was thinking while writing this. :-)

Unknown said...

Don't we all go through such moments of confusion and wonder? But writing it down must have helped. I wish I do this exercise more often, and don't go around feeling like a frustrated headless chicken.

R said...

Change is important, I guess.

RB said...

Woodsmoke
Frustrated headless chicken...hmm...I'm using your method of picturing...quite funny. :-)

On a serious note, I totally agree with you. It helps. Likh liya karo yaar.

Rohit
That it is.