Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Delhi and Me

In my now usual course of getting late because of laziness in the morning, today I completely forgot that the Republic Day Parade rehearsals begin at 9:15 a.m. That means that bus routes get diverted and for people like me it means that we’re gonna reach college even later.
My bus dropped me quite a distance away from the metro station, so I walked. Good decision of wearing sneakers helped - I was almost jogging. I thought my exercise for the day is done but I was wrong. In the afternoon, I had to go to Patparganj and for that had to change the metro at Kashmere Gate. Looking at the rush I thought I’ll take the stairs instead of the escalator. And two sets of them! I died! If only I could pant with my tongue out! If you haven’t been there, please don’t be surprised. Each of these sets had 5 flights of about 10-12 stairs each. And for someone who has always lived on the ground floor, even one flight of stairs to the first floor is a pain.

Then I saw a completely new part of Delhi. I’d never even heard of places like Kanti Nagar. Chaos is the word to describe those roads. The number of traffic signals on my little route reminded me of South Delhi of 4-5 years back. But really, it felt like I was in some other city. Delhi might be a dot on the map of India but it really IS pretty huge.
___

I've also been watching the new season of Kaun Banega Crorepati for the last two days. Our new host is not bad but nothing and nobody can be compared to Amitabh Bachchan. He's just too good. But Shah Rukh Khan is doing it in his own style and his attempts at being funny aren't too bad either.

And well, I'm trying to enjoy the last few days of college life as well. It's nice.

7 comments:

~ Deeps ~ said...

Delhi is very huge lady and every part has its own character....i m sure u havent seen lot of other areas also.....try to explore it a lil.........and i guess u need to work a lil on on ur stamina.....two flight of stairs shud be easy for people of ur age.......

SRK is alright ofcourse not like Big B.....but he has his own style.....he is not that bad, as some people are making it out...

RB said...

DK
I agree that I can work on my stamina a little but 100 steps kam bhi nahi hote.

Yeah...I'm sure I haven't seen a lor of places. Dheere dheere...

I agree, SRK isn't that bad. He does have his own style.
Tag Heuer ka brand ambassador hai aur kal ek contestant ko apni watch de di...it was really really sweet. :-)

R said...

I'm waiting for a miracle - SRK to be kicked out of the show! :D
I HATE that guy. Plus, he doesn't frikkin know how to host a show :-/
It's not a question of comparing him with Mr Bachchan. Wish he could go to Africa and never come back to Bollywood. :P

Unknown said...

Can you imagine what a torture it is to sit here and read this discussion about my dearest SRK and not get an iota of idea about what he really looks like on the show? Or how he conducts it?
It makes me incredibly sad. :(

RB said...

Rohit
Oh that's a strong sentiment.
I personally don't think he's that bad.

Woodsmoke
Aww...I can imagine. No clips on the internet?
You know, yesterday a dumb woman proposed marriage to him. Said a lot of dumb things. These people I tell you!
I've also heard that the show's TRPs have been falling every day. So I guess there are a lot of people who're not liking him.

I'll see if I can help you catch a glimpse of it. okie? :-)

R said...

Oh yeah!! The TRPs are superbly fucked. I wish the show dies...I don't really care if the sponsors/ producers/ well-whoever loses what. SRK should not think he can be his usual dumb self and get away with it on a national network! Sheesh...why why why was he even approached..and that video.. *yikes*

RB said...

Rohit
Thank God your opinion is not a deciding factor in the fortune of the show. Nahi to bechare sadak pe aa jaate. :P