Saturday, September 01, 2012

Turning 26


This post is here not because I have some thoughts I want to register, but because I want to have some registered thoughts for this time. 

This year I am prepared for birthday blues. I think that's why I have been relatively more in control this time. Or am I speaking too soon? Will know in a few hours.

The past year has largely been about work. It has kept me stable and happy. No complaints on that front.

Also, there were some letters of regret. Too little too late, I would say. Add to that some disappointments which were no surprise. Some phone numbers I choose not to save. It manages my own expectations well and works out quite alright.

On the health front there is nothing that I have not said already. I only wish things were better. Sometimes I am thankful it is not worse, but that kind of optimism is too ideal to be real. It's stupid steroids I have to deal with! So, for me, the reality is seriously about bonus years after 40. The quarter life stories are rather invalid. 

My travels have been more satisfying than anything else. While I always wanted to travel a lot, I never really thought I would see so many places. I have been working on keeping myself happy. No compromises here. And I have been fairly successful. The two-part Big 25 celebrations started a series of some awesome trips in the past year. Looking forward to some more in the next year!

When I was about 16 years old, every time I thought about the future, I could visualise life till only about 26-27. It is nothing like I imagined it to be, but at least I had some vision. As of today, that vision is of a much shorter duration. I cannot picture anything beyond 32-33. Not that I need to, but that pitch dark channel can sometimes make one uncomfortable. No?

I am quite disliking this number, 26. I don't like the sound of it. It doesn't even add up to a number I would like. 25 was good. So let's do one thing. From this year on, let's drop the number game. A simple, "happy budday" will do. There's no need for the number. Except the title of this post, of course. Okay? Good.

Okay then. As I go on to gather some sand, some snow, some lenses, some love, some stamina, and some more money, you be good! I shall keep you updated on all of the above. :-)


P.S. - Please add, "fewer meds" to that list. And send me some real gifts this time.

No comments: