Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Excitement Varieties

So I was out of action for the past couple of days thanks to a bitch of a virus that has infected my body. I bow to the gods for at least I am able to look at a computer screen for more than five minutes today. I still curse the virus which shoots the temperature to insane levels even after all these days, but whatever! At least I am not singing, 'I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes' (of course, pain, not love! :-|) anymore. So, Calpol rocks!

The pain had made me lose my mind to the extent that I was uttering stuff about cigarettes to my mom when she was talking to me about tea. At 4:00 a.m. This, when I do not smoke. And you thought I was exaggerating when I said I was sick!

I also shivered unto (almost) death in office today in spite of my sweater and shawl. No, the air-conditioning was just about fine. Only I was too sick and had to head home early. :-|

As of now I am using my Gmail for official work. There is obviously a new label in place. And how does it look? *raises right eyebrow with the tongue peeking from the right side* (and you thought I have standard expressions) It's a white background with red font. Wondering what's exciting about it? Those are our corporate colours, duh! You would know I am excited about this stuff if you're on my Gtalk. The Group logo has replaced my 'hot' display picture. Or you would also know I am excited about this stuff if you've known me for a bit. These things are always exciting, man!

I am not sure if I have mentioned this already, but I am coordinating the Delhi Half Marathon participation of my company. It's after really long that I am at the organising end of something. And for the first time for something as important as this (after all there is employee engagement and branding at stake :D). That too alone, because bosses are busy with other stuff. I am extremely excited about it. Hoping it goes smoothly.


So, there's work-related excitement, and there's recovery-related excitement. Happens.



I still remain a hypochondriac of sorts. Everybody still laughs about it for some reason. The doctors point to my lifestyle for all the diseases I have in my head. But I still remain a hypochondriac of sorts.

2 comments:

R said...

Am I one too!? Do you have wash your hands twenty two times in three hours?

RB said...

No, I don't do that. Maybe you have OCD.