Friday, October 16, 2009

Diwali at Home

It has been a while since I wrote about how I spent a particular day. For me it is also worth writing about because ever since I have landed in Delhi (been three days), I have done nothing.

I stepped out to get my mehendi routine taken care of. Lajpat Nagar like every year! I always used to pay 50 bucks for both hands. This time I had to bargain to bring them down to Rs 70 for the same.
My yellow bag saw light of day after weeks today! We were both happy. :-)

At home, the mithai has found a taker. I am enjoying laddoos, and pethas, and barfis, etc in turns. :D

I also googled for a new rangoli design for tomorrow. I think I have found something, but it might need pre-testing.

In the evening, when Bhai got back home, we fixed the lights. I love the little yellow bulbs.
Then, he and I stepped out to buy the diyas. It's this road in Sarojini Nagar where sellers are lined up with the prettiest Diwali stuff made of mud. There was great variety in the style that diyas were made. But we are traditional in thought and taste. We bought the conventional-looking ones. (A handful of white diyas only to satisfy the keeda. :P) We bought more stuff than was needed for home. Such behaviour is one of the few common things (the second mentioned here) between the two of us.

Like I mentioned recently, the P word takes priority. I had been strategically doing all my work since afternoon such that I wouldn't have to wash my hands (in order to allow the mehendi to get darker). Water is known to be a killer in the process. But as the night came, so did my enemy. :-/ So now I am just hoping that the morning does not disappoint me with the colour. Mehendi in bad colour is one of the worst-looking things on earth!

Tomorrow morning also has the annual Diwali havan scheduled. It demands that I sleep early tonight. Have extended family stuff planned for the rest of the day as well. :-)

Aside: This would have been anniversary time.

P.S. - I recently got mom to invest in a green silk saree for me. I can't wait for an occasion to wear it! :D

2 comments:

Ruhi :) said...

keeda keedaa.....tan tana tan...keeda !!!

RB said...

I'm killing a trip 'coz of the keeda. Better make it good!