Monday, July 27, 2009

The Perfect Sunday

I met Karan yesterday after exactly one year. He's one of my closest friends from school. We drove to Khadakvasla Dam only to find it really crowded, it being a Sunday evening. So we decided to drive further up to Sinhagarh Fort. The roads weren't too great, but it was a beautiful drive with great music and awesome conversations to keep me super happy. And you thought I was frustrated with life! :D

The view from up there was to die for. I do not have pictures because we were literally walking in clouds with visibility not more than three feet. The clouds were heavy, it was raining, and it was that storm-like feeling of the recent past, but only SO MUCH BETTER! The temperature must not have been more than 15-16 degrees. So, to make the experience perfect, we had hot pakoras. :D Or call them batata and kanda bhajiya.
I also had another popular local snack. Rather, a fruit. They put masala on raw mangoes, cut them prettily, and serve them yumm. :D

The moment we started driving down, the view cleared up, and I was absolutely mesmerised! I have described it to tens of people already, but I shall do so for my own record here too. (So much for not being able to click!)
While we were driving down a steep and slippery narrow road, the view from my side was a deeeep valley, peaks in the distance, a white patch on top of the hills, and then the magical skies. It took me a while to figure what the white patch over the peaks was. It was the Khadakvasla reservoir. Wow! I SO wish I had a picture. I swear!! It was killer!!!

The drive back to the city was great too. We talked of the craziest things that happened back in school. Gosh! It has already been 6-7 years.

Got a Sub on my way back too. :D :D

On the super-pretty Khadakvasla-Sinhagarh road
The Reservoir

Windy - from the moving car
Lots and lots of people on the closest get-away from Pune city on a Sunday evening
The reservoir at Khadakvasla Dam

He's a childhood friend. Knows of the few constants in my life very well. Never need an occasion for red roses. :-)

Meet my little boy Dhaniya :-)


If I'm connected with you on Facebook, and you bother to follow people's status messages, then you might remember my status about biking through villages in rain last Monday. That was on a day when I went to a different part of the city with a classmate on his bike. It was a super brilliant ride with somebody intelligent and funny through mind-blowing greenery and colour. That day I had lunch at McD's and managed to get Sid with my Happy Meal. :D :D Now he's with me in my keychain. Muhahahaa!


Oh, and btw, I am going home for Rakhi next week. Muhahahaaaaa!!!!

7 comments:

R said...

Wow, wow, wow.

That green stretch must have made you immensely happy. The picture did it for me.

RB said...

Oh it did! Totally! :-)

P. said...

Sid looks like he's strapped to a parachute, about to jump off a cliff !!

Happy, nevertheless =p

We HAVE to go to Khadagvasla sometime .. its beautiful !!

RB said...

Arre he's going rock climbing. And will come down rappling. :D
Purple and green mein. :D :D

Haan haan... chalo. :)

Subhadip said...

The green pic is really awesome!
Red roses - of course!
Sid going rock climbing / rappelling... just make sure the harness / safety line is on the waist!

~ ॐ ~ said...

Wow! this feels like a lovely time spent just right!

I like the green photo!


and Sid! i want one too.. could you please get one for me too! and Manfred too!

and Subbu, harness on his waist? not possible :D

RB said...

Subhadip,
Thanks! :)

Of course! :D

Waist pe to nahi hain. Ab kya karein? :O

Prashant,
It was lovely for sure.

Glad u like the photo. :)

I can't promise. But I will try. :)

I agree, harness is not possible on his waist. :D