Friday, July 17, 2009

Movies Happen Now

In 2nd year of college, I remember, I was kicked by the fact that I watched more than 12 movies at the theatre. That, because my parents didn't take me out for movies too often when I was in school, and I personally also was never too interested in watching all kinds of movies. I only watched popular stuff.

One thing that has not changed since then is the fact that I am not too much into movies. Few things interest me enough to either sit in front of my laptop or go all the way to a theatre to watch a particular movie. The theatre here is an even less attractive option simply because the closest one is too far.

This post is here today because this time I have watched 12 movies in the last one month itself! Yes, 12!! Two at a theatre, one during the weekly screenings of the campus, one during a random screening in class, and the rest on my laptop. Pretty incredible I say!
This would mean that I have a lot of free time on me nowadays. It is not quite that. Two things which have led to this are: too much rain for me to spend any time outside of the hostel (if not in class) .Secondly, internet connectivity has been an issue on my floor for the past couple of weeks. So I am often left without any options. But it's been quite ok so far. I watched a few of the very popular movies. The ones that got people to raise their eyebrows when I said I had not watched.
Here's a list of those movies.

Lost in Translation
Ice Age 3
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Into the Wild
The Hangover
Pursuit of Happyness
Kamasutra
He's Just Not That Into You
Mixed Doubles
PS I Love You - Didn't watch it in entirety. Was too depressing.
Angels and Demons
12 Angry Men

Next I will watch Pulp Fiction. I had started it one day but had dozed off while watching.

Most of it is thanks to the intranet. I know I would never have gotten to watching them if it wasn't for the uncalled for multicasts on the IP.

:-)

8 comments:

Me said...

I'm coming right away :P

Subhadip said...

Never imagined "Pursuit of Happyness", "Ice Age 3" and Kamasutra could be on the same list of movies!

You dozed off watching "Pulp Fiction"? Seriously?

RB said...

Deepti,
Hahaa.. aa jao. :)

Subhadip,
Lol!! Yaar ab movies ke naam pe eyebrows raise nahi karoge to unki categorisation pe? Ye nahi chalega. Maine koi genre of the month thodi specify ki thi! :D

RB said...

And yes, I dozed off watching Pulp Fiction. But that has got nothing to do with the movie. I had dozed off while watching Pursuit of Happyness too. It's just that I start watching them at the oddest hours, and then doze off within 15 or so minutes.

~ ॐ ~ said...

You are insulting Pulp Fiction :P though I should not say this.. main bhi so jaata hoon kabhi kabhi.. itna thaka hua hota hoon!

RB said...

Haanji.. I'm not insulting it. In fact I was excited to see John Travolta after really long. Will complete it soon. :)

R said...

Pulp Fiction? Dozed off?
$%@#@*!&%^@

Don't waste your time on Mixed Doubles. Despite the cast, it's crap. Angels and Demons? I never even considered it. :P

Eternal Sunshine... however, allow me to use the word, is gorgeous,

RB said...

Mister R,
Sorry man! I slept off a second time too. :P

I know! Mixed Doubles wasn't all that great. Expected something better out of it.

And I totally agree about Eternal Sunshine... it was really beautiful!!