Tuesday, May 13, 2008

First Love

I went back to school today. Met some of my teachers, and spent a good amount of time feeling happy.

:)

Spent Prep playing here. And somehow I enjoyed being around those Ashoka trees more than on the swings n all. I was 5 years old then. Phew!!

This is a corridor in the Junior School. The first room here on the right was my 2nd standard classroom.


These are the entrance steps to the Middle School (5th to 7th std). I was a prefect then too, and used to be on duty here often.


I found an old room where the furniture that was used in initial years was lying. And incidentally this was also the room that used to be 8D when I was in VIIIth. One of the most memorable years of my entire school life.


That's Mr Frank Anthony, the school's founder. He was a member of the Parliament when it was first formed.
Courage is Destiny is the school motto.


Of course, the field. Never ran around it as much as I made kids who misbehaved do it. Chudail prefect in senior school! :P


This is the main assembly platform for the senior school. Took my House Captain oath here, and did some singing too. :P


This is an open auditorium/ basketball court that was built sometime when I was in 10th. Our formal farewell happened here. All the crying with "I believe I can fly" too.


That's our main hall on the left. The one where I debated a lot with shaky legs. And the open area is where the junior school had its morning assembly. I was here in a different line every morning for four years.


Spent 13 years in and around this building.

Forever in love!

8 comments:

Subhadip said...

Nice bit of nostalgia!

And "Chudail prefect"!?! Will call you "CP" from now on.

- Meanie KKR supporter

Anonymous said...

chudail perfect.......as subbu sir said time for u to have a name change now, from CM to CP :D

RB said...

Meanie
I was CP. Now I am not. :X

DK
Haww... ab thodi hoon CP. Tab thi!!

That Girl said...

Oh school memories!! They're amazing. I've come close to a tear getting squeezed out sometimes, remembering and reminiscing. Sigh.

MeMyself_n_I said...

Reminds me of the fact that i haven't been to school in a REALLY long time.

Btw, it's prefects like you who made life hell for ordinary mortals like us. :-p

Butterfly said...

You were a prefect and a House Captain? Cool!

Nice pictures!

R said...

House captaincy used to be the most fun. And inter school competitions. Here I go to go through my school albums.

RB said...

Amiya
I can imagine. Happy days!

Tania
:P :D Will a 'sowwie' do?

Sinjini
Thanks. :)

Rohit
I agree. :)