Saturday, March 29, 2008

People's Person?

I have always associated the cliche 'people's person' with myself, but over the past seven months I completely forgot what that feels like. I reduced myself to a closed self, or a maximum of one on one with very few close friends. I just didn't remember what groups were like. I didn't remember what I was like in groups. I was fun. Or at least I had fun. A lot of it. Yes, subject to the group having my kind of people. For some strange reason, happens very rarely with me. But in retrospect, I cannot recall any group in my batch in college that was my kind. Lots of nice people, fun people - I had a great set of friends myself - but my kinda mad was never there actually. Anyway.

So I met a group of people today. A very apprehensive step because of the past strings attached to this group, but I was too fed up to not gamble on this one. It paid off. I almost want to say I had the time of life. 'Coz my life has been reduced to... well, nothing... in the recent past. It is Just So Nice to be around people. To laugh your wits off. To talk. And mostly new people here today. I am suddenly looking forward to meeting new people when I move away this summer. But I don't want to raise my expectations there... always end up being let down. And I'd certainly not want this new first year at an institution to be like my first year of college. Painful is the only word for it. And the reason was mostly people. Anyway. We shall see.

Just wanted to note down today as an extraordinary day during this crazy phase that I'm going through. I'd met a couple of people from DFC, the photography group of which I'm a so called member. Not joining them for a shoot tomorrow, but I'm just glad I met them today. :-)

Felt like dancing after ages. Can't believe myself... I've not moved a leg in so many months too!

And oh, I finally got my phone fixed too. It was in a bad state - half broken n all. But now it's all good. Yay! :D

Feel normal today. It's nice. :-)

7 comments:

Butterfly said...

Me First!:-)

Butterfly said...

Hope you don't get let down when you meet those new people this summer.:-)
It's good to see that you feel normal. Hope you always do...

Jayant said...

Hmm...being 'crazy' seems to be the most 'in' thing these days. Sort of like cribbing. :P

I'm glad you're happy. :)

That Girl said...

Everyone in the world thinks nobody else is exactly 'their kinda mad', but it takes all kinds of crazy to make a friend circle. And that's what makes it tick. Hope you can make yours quickly, wherever you go.

RB said...

Sinjini
Yay!
Thank you. :-)

Jayant
Well, I don't know, maybe I am out of this 'in' world. Didn't know about the craziness and cribbing.

Thanks waise. :-)

Amiya
I guess you're right.
Thanks!!

~ Deeps ~ said...

so u went to DH meet ?

RB said...

Yep.