Sunday, March 02, 2008

I Detest

# White font on black backgrounds. Maybe if you click on that drop-down and click on the lightest gray before white, you'll do me a favour.

# Assholes who jump red lights feeling they're all on Ferraris. I think I would have been staring at a hospital ceiling today. Sadly, my "You S O B" didn't reach him, I think. Bloody SOB!

# People who can't get over "use your right hand for this" shit even in this day and age. And I am excluding those senior citizens here.

# Bargaining and negotiating. This, simply because I suck at it.

# The @#$%% ad by Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy where everybody goes "MIND AND BODY, HEART AND SOUL". I think the jingle was not enough for them, so they made that disgusting video too. What are they selling, by the way?

# The "all of y'all" English! What the hell is it?

# The stench of urine ALL over this city!


Don't worry, I had a nice weekend. I'm fine. :-)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

My skin crawls every time I hear "all of you all", which is all over Indian television right now. When Manasi and I watched postings of dance shows online with the judges telling
COUPLES "Both of you all..." or "All of you...", I actually felt things creeping up my skin.
Needless to say, our homesickness and corresponding dependance on desi television did not lessen because of this.

R said...

Such advertising only brings us shame, people who want to do more ideas.

RB said...

Woodsmoke
I know how Malaika and Saroj Khan said the same twenty times in each episode. And then there are the Karan Johars and Farah Khans of that world too! I know exactly how you feel.

Rohit
Sadly.

~ Deeps ~ said...

visa ad one of the worst in recent times.........they should learn something from mastercard.........

Anonymous said...

one thing i must say that u have this passionate disgust for the things that you hate...its actually interesting..the way u can so whole heartedly know that you definitely hate that thing....
great hate list kind of thing there :P

RB said...

DK
I agree.

Richa
Hehee... yes, whole-hearted hatred! :D

That Girl said...

Why is the Bombay filmdom so taken up with "all of y'all"?? I feel like throwing something at the TV screen every time someone says that, it's begun bugging me THAT much now.
I can't bargain either, and that's a small part of why I hate shopping in general.
What ad is that? Don't think I've seen it.
The entire city doesn't really stink so much ya :) But yeah, the places that do, stink so much you'd imagine you could smell that in the other end of the city.

crackfire said...

You Detest, I agree especially with the Shankar and company ad (Pff they couldn't even afford to put any decent cricketers in that one :P)

And this "all of y'all" trend was started by Maliaka I think in some dance show. It sounded cheesy than and it sounds cheesy now!

RB said...

Amiya
I have similar sentiments. Really feel like throwing something at the TV!

I don't hate shopping (for myself ONLY!), and that's why I just go to places where I don't need to bargain.

Thank your stars you have not seen the ad. It is TERRIBLE. Aired mostly during those cricket matches.

Yes, the places that stink are bad enough. But I'll still miss Delhi. :(

RB said...

Crackfire
Yea, terrible terrible ad.

And I don't know if Malaika started it, but she was certainly one of the first few who were noticeably annoying. :|

Apoorva said...

how i never heard the all of you all?!!

and yes, the stench bothers me as well.

RB said...

Apoorva, dude, you gotta be too much of a 'losty' to not notice that. :P
The frikkin' thing is all over the Bombay filmdom!