Wednesday, February 28, 2007

RJ’s and APJ’s

RJ is a man every person who knows him has an opinion about. Not just an opinion, it’s a case of extreme like or dislike. I’m no different. I’ve liked him extremely, and hated him the same. He taught me in the first two years of college; made me miserable by not letting me pass a single test in the 2 years; and still managed to make me like him at the end of it all.
He has been the latest hot topic on the batch community on Orkut too. Today, he took a special class for us. And I loved every moment of it. I know that through the year there were only a handful of lectures that I paid attention in for this subject. That teacher is just so boring! And I was all ears today. He brought back the killer Micro classes’ feel. For a split second he even made me think that I love Economics and should consider doing an MA. Thank God it was just a split second. Maybe I won’t mind studying Eco if he teaches me every subject but before the impossibility of such a situation may come up, he would just laugh his sarcastic laugh and shoo me away. His favourite sarcasms about low levels of intelligence, not being able to solve 2nd standard Math (partial differentiation) and so forth, (according to him) are all applicable to me. Nonetheless, I totally admire that man. He’s the best teacher I’ve had in the 3 years of college and his sense of humour, however lame at times, does crack me up.

And his was the closing lecture. He started the journey for us and ended it too. Loved, loved, loved it! :-)


APJ of course, is someone everybody in India knows. After the bugger rain stopped, I went to his estate. I’ll have to say that it was a rather boring outing but flowers being the subject here, I shall not dwell too much on the negative bit of it. The Mughal Gardens are open for public in Feb-March every year so I thought I’ll check them out today. Two things I completely loved –

The musical gardens
Patriotic fervour in the air...fountains dancing to the tunes of ‘I love my India’, etc was great!!! Beautiful sight!

Lilies
Sadly, 99.9% of the lilies had still not flowered but whatever I saw was lovely. Now I know that however much I may love roses, my wedding decorations will have lilies. Asiatic ones, if not the Oriental ones! White and orange ones looked sooo cool.

The other flowers were all double their usual size. Looked gigantic but pretty. Dahlias, tulips, poppies, pansies, marigold, the bougainvilleas in pretty purple, and a strange rose called Joey’s Rose. Very pretty!
Also saw a tiny bio-diversity park. Turkeys, peahens, ducks, parakeets, and some more animals. Cute!

Mr President came out to meet the people and I missed him by 2-3 minutes. But that’s ok. I’ll meet him 2 weeks later in my own college. He’s the chief guest for our Annual Day. :D

But I must say, he has a very royal house. Yeah, I know it comes with responsibility but even then! I mean, how do you explain fountains on the roof-top? Now THAT is fancy. I’d feel like a queen if I got such a house to live in.

It was a short outing. Cell phones, cameras, water bottles, etc...nothing is allowed inside. So I could not even take any pictures. But it was a nice break. Liked it.

So RJ’s class and APJ’s house made it a nice day. :-)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! APJ is chief guest at your college function. I can only imagine how pissed and envious other colleges in North Campus would be getting.
And the amount of security that will be there that day.
Keep having fun.

~ Deeps ~ said...

goood....have fun

Swetank Gupta said...

Awesome! A good last class goes a long way in forging cherishable memories, or so I feel.

Mughal Garden! Nice! My mom said that we might go there this week when I get back home. Let's see!

RB said...

Woodsmoke
I know!! :-)

DK
Yep. :-)

Swetank
It does.

And yeah...by next week, hopefully you'll be able to see the lilies as well. :-)

That Girl said...

The RJ class was good :)
A trip down memory lane, and sorry for the cliche (could think of nothing else).

RB said...

Amiya
It was! I kept glancing towards you in the middle of the class hoping to get some excited reactions. But I didn't get any!! :(

That Girl said...

Haha, I don't show it that obviously... or at least I hope I don't!

RB said...

Hehheee...
Yeah well...never mind!