Saturday, February 10, 2007

Comfort Discomfort Together Together

The winds of the last two days are accompanied by rain today. It feels good to know that winters haven't completely gone. But winter rains are a little depressing too.

One moment I was enjoying the chill in the air with friends ; walking absolutely oblivious to the rain drops the next.
Felt like listening to music one moment; wanted quiet the next.
Desired company but liked being alone.
Wanted to feel the breeze on my face but also wanted to stay away from it.
Thought that everything should stop for some time - I liked the peace; but then I just wanted to rush home - away from the chaos caused by the weather.

Moving on, I took a bus back home from college today - just like I always do on a good-weather day. Was alone for a change. In the middle of my long ride, I realised that I really wanted to feel the weather (good or bad, happy or sad) and so I got off the bus one stop before my usual. And so I started walking slowly. In nearly ten years, it was the first time I walked on the flyover next to my house. All flyovers should have sidewalks like this one. The view from the middle of it - the runway of the airport on one side and little dumping ground with old cars,etc on the other. That point also brought back memories of a sunset that made a moment surreal but I was not going to stop. How or why could I?! Even though I was moving very slowly I was off the flyover within ten minutes. So I decided to take a detour and walk more. That's when I also called Subhadip and that's when it started raining again. So the stroll got converted into a brisk walk while the conversation was maintained at the usual, casual stuff. By the way, my umbrella was safe and dry in my bag. Who would have wanted to disturb the perfect picture!

Got home all drenched and saw Dadi with a bandage on her head. She had a bad fall in her own room. Things just keep getting worse...

And it's just been a lazy, rainy, Saturday since then.

6 comments:

Swetank Gupta said...

Though not intentionally, but I feel like saying so much right now and I also feel like saying nothing at all, so that's somehow keeping in sync with your post.

I just hope your dadi gets well soon.

Take care, and come online sometime. I feel like talking to you.

Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

If only rains were like what used to happen back in India, everything was fine for me....even I used to walk in rain during the middle of the day...

But, if rain is followed by severe cold and then snow fall...


Grrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Kanika said...

Good or bad....happy or sad...all weathers are truly worth enjoying!

I loved that line. Got me thinking and ended with a smile!

RB said...

Swetank
:-)

I hope so too.

Why do you sign in and go for a long walk?

Arz000n
Disadvantages of firang land! :D

Kanu
:-)
Yeah. But the Delhi summers make me wonder what I should enjoy in them. But still, I indirectly enjoy summers coz I get mangoes and watermelons. :D

Thanks...

Swetank Gupta said...

Mangoes and watermelons!! These are my favouritest fruits - especially watermelons. Wow, cool! Maybe we should have a competition sometime. :)

RB said...

Swetank
That sounds great! So this time when you come to Delhi in the summers, we'll make sure that we have a competition.
What should be the prize for winning?