Saturday, January 13, 2007

Happy Lohri

Today was a long day. With a mere 4 hours of sleep last night, I was up at 4:00 a.m. There was more of Economic Systems to study. And at the end of it, I felt that I wasn’t really in too bad a state. But the bloody luck! I blanked out during the exam. Looking at the question paper, I knew that I know the answers to certain questions but when I started writing, I could not write. So this one’s down the drain. I don’t know if it is any consolation that a lot of other people did badly too but I’m cool. I am not really too worked up this exam season. I guess all the entrances have made me immune to all kinds of nervousness.
Anyway!

After the exam, Tarun and I went to D School…had some work. And as usual, our long journey back home was fun. It always is.

I have been thinking about my college scrapbook for the past few days. I think I’ll start working on it after the exams. Quite excited about it. I have lots of ideas but there are still quite a few things that I want to decide upon. I’m sure it is going to be a lot of fun.

The evening was supposed to be good fun too. It was one of my cousin’s first Lohri after his wedding. Dad and I went to their place. Almost the whole family had gathered. Talking, singing, getting money, advising my kid brother on his options after 12th, eating popcorn, and simply enjoying...did all of it. Also talked about how our generation has grown up – another 2 years and everybody will be out of school; another few years and the elder most will probably start having kids and another cycle will begin.

Dadi’s back home. Chacha's family came with us because Agneesh wanted some of my books. She was really happy to see all of them and even if for 5 minutes, she did not talk about all her troubles. I wish there was some way to keep her distracted all day.

This was a nice day. There were no extremes and there was a change from the routine. Liked it.
There are a lot of changes that I am noticing around me nowadays. One of them is the way I write. It feels different and not quite in a nice way. I think I know what's amiss and that is something that I don't want to change maybe. But there's something more too and I don't know what that is.

5 comments:

Subhadip said...

Happy Lohri (belated now) to you too.

Happy Pongal :-)

~ Deeps ~ said...

hmm nice.........

RB said...

Subhadip
Yeah, Happy Pongal to you too. :-)

DK
:-)

Kanika said...

Happy Lohri girl!

RB said...

Kanu
To you too! :-)