Monday, January 29, 2007

It's a fair game

“Life is not fair”

A lot of people believe so. I don’t. I think life is the fairest game. Yes, its timing of moves may not be the best or the fairest but that does not mean that there is no fairness. What I believe even more strongly in is that there is no after-life. You get all that you deserve before you leave this world and you pay every single due as well. Actually, I have seen examples of people paying dues more than those getting what they deserve but that does not stop me from believing that things happen for good.

And to see them pay is not a very pleasant sight irrespective of how you know that person, how much you love or hate them, and however much you think that they are finally being set right. It is painful. People give you pain, finally get their share of pain, and then they give you a kind of pain that even they cannot help anymore.
I know my words might not be making complete sense right now but I really don’t know how to put what I am thinking. I wish somebody understood.

Here is someone whose life is nothing less than hell right now because for her entire life, she made others’ lives hellish.
And there is someone else who even though is intrinsically a good human being doing wrongs knowingly and not accepting that he is doing so. My ideas tell me that he too will pay.
I really wish nobody ever goes through that process. But that would only happen when the world becomes perfect and nobody is mean. I’m dreaming, I guess.

6 comments:

~ Deeps ~ said...

if someone is doing wrong knowingly then how can that person be intrinsically good ???

RB said...

DK
hmm. Now the sentence sounds a little odd. But what I meant was that the person does have some qualities that I may consider good but he is also doing things that I think are wrong. And he is aware of both but not accepting it.

RB said...

So yes, I understand that then it becomes relative and not intrinsic. Maybe I did not use the word most appropriately but I think(hope) I have clarified what I meant.

Swetank Gupta said...

At least to me, the post made a lot of sense. I understood every word of it and could relate to it.

I agree that people pay for what they do, and that life balances everything, but at times, it is just not fair. It's not. I could give examples, but not here.

Unknown said...

I didn't understand much of this post but that's probably because it's a cold, Monday morning, and from where I am sitting all I can see are snow covered fields and ice laden trees.

Hope all is ok.

RB said...

Swetank
I know you understood. I think it helps at some level. Thanks.

And I guess we have our opinions about the fairness. :-)

Woodsmoke
Snow! It rained here today which pretty much means that whatever little winters we had have gone for good. The temperature touched 30 degrees today.

All is kinda ok.