Thursday, December 28, 2006

Yin and Yang

Meeting new people can be such an interesting exercise. Over the last one week, I got to interact with many people during my practice group discussions and case studies. Talking to them made me feel that I was in a very useless batch at IMS. The reason why I did not make friends at the institute was not because I had suddenly lost the ability to but because there was nobody with whom I could strike a conversation about anything beyond CAT or the faculty. In fact, I could chat more with my teachers than the people I was surrounded by. Maybe I missed an opportunity but never mind.
The people I met recently included guys who’d been in the sea for three years with the merchant navy and are now looking at an MBA. One of them was so pleasant, so articulate and so intelligent that I did not want to discuss during the GD with anyone but him. Another guy did his engineering from Ferozepur where some of my relatives live. His sense of humour clicked. Abhinav looked at the graphs made in my notebook and told me that they are depicting fiscal expansion. So he guessed that I’m studying Eco but thankfully we did not discuss the subject any further. I got to talk to Shefali and Apoorva who are in the other section in college. I’d not spoken to them in the last 2 years as much as I recently did. Akshay and I got so involved in our talks while another GD was on that the moderator had to check us more than once.
This is turning out to be a nice experience. I can have pleasant, fun conversations without having to think about any sort of shit happening around me...without having to bother about things that irritate me...and without any of the people who know me.

I bought a green nose pin thinking that it was the perfect buy - silver and green together can’t be beaten. But I guess I was kinda wrong. Green is not as basic a colour as I thought it is. My nose pin is not going even with green clothes. I don’t like this. :(

It is funny how one avoids things. I must have written over 300 words till now and what I have been thinking about is not even remotely close to what I have written. I think I’ll write a disgusting thing and I force the mind to frame a positive sentence. I want to write about how shameless and scum-like and fake certain people are but I don’t want to. These people showcase themselves as the ultimate pure souls but what they are is not even humanlike. But no!

I went out for lunch with some school friends yesterday. It’s funny how even though we all know that we’ve been through certain things together and have discussed those earlier as well but still talk about them and have a laugh.
A book reached VIII-D in ’99, boys got blacklisted and the book is still with the teacher who caught it. They want it back.

Hutch decided to be kind to me last night. A 40 minutes’ outstation call went unnoticed. I wasn’t charged for it. Yippee!!! :D

7 comments:

Subhadip said...

These guys have all rights to claim the "book" back. The teacher can't have all the fun!

RB said...

Subhadip
heheee...
I totally agree with you. :-)

Rohit Talwar said...

Damn it, why can't Hutch be nice to ME for a change! Buggers!

Unknown said...

And Hutch was downright cruel to me when I was in Delhi. Most disgustingly, they continued to be cruel after I came here...sent old bills and demanded payment. I so want to sue them.
Great list Richa.
I made one too, mentally though.

I would have cautioned you against a green and silver nosepin if you had asked me. In my initial days I tried out every possible combination...some were so bad that I didn't even step out of my home wearing them! One such failed experiment revolved around a green nosepin. A deep, rich, dark blue would work, as would crimson. And white stones of course. And YOU know that silver will never go wrong. So silver studs (in all conceivable shapes and sizes available in GK 1 M block Market) should be worth several successful attempts.

RB said...

Rohit
Hihahhaa!

or was it

Muhahhaaa! :-)

Sayani Di
Awww...Cruel indeed!

Thanks! :)

Chalo never mind...now I know that it doesn't look good.
And GK 1..Siloffer's...haina? But the man is bloody khadus! :|

Btw, I saw these studs in silver that were flat and in a square shape. Looked interesting but I wasn't too sure. So didn't buy them. You've ever tried anything like that?

Unknown said...

Nope never tried the ones you mentioned. Go ahead. Experiment. And let me know the result.
Also, I don't remember the name of the stores. I remember though that there were a bunch in the same line as McDonald's.

RB said...

Sayani Di
Yeah I will. Happily!

And we're talking about the same stores...they're all around the same place.