Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Nature Camp

I am little pissed at the current situation because there was a lot that I had to write in the past couple of days but bad connectivity and mismanagement of time led to... you know what.

I went trekking with two of my friends this past Sunday. Everybody around us had been going on treks ALL this while, but somehow we didn't like the idea of walking uphill after dinner while it is raining. So on Sunday evening, we got free early and decided to walk down to a small temple by a water body that we had been noticing for a while now. People underestimate my sense of direction and so we started walking in the exact opposite direction. With my sneakers out for the first time and knees being exposed for the first time too, AND a waterproof jacket for the first time... I didn't mind it even if we were going the wrong way. :)
I am so much better than what I thought I would be at this stuff! Marshy soil, slight drizzle, and rocks all over... I was having fun!! Of course, water seeped into my socks within the first two minutes, but it was all goood!
Walked and walked, and then we cursed the entire male species. That, because three of their characters started following us. Yea, we were three women walking down a deserted hill. We had to turn back without reaching our destination. Sucked.
But we walked about 5 or so kms. Decent for a first, I say. Of course, Swetha is strong.. she could have gone on for another 5 without any problems. :)
I really really reeeaaaally wanted to click pictures of ourselves because Ridhima's purple raincoat and Swetha's fluorescent green one were just too cute. But of course, rain said no when we left. And when we got back, the mess had laddoos (Sunday sweetdish), so we just rushed there forgetting all about this tiny wish.
But we will go down again soon, and then I will make sure I click pictures.

By the way, I am living in a place where the sun came out today after ages and I automatically broke into, 'kaun aaya ki nigahon mein chamak jaag uthi' because the sun rays hitting the skin felt good. I was beginning to think even I will grow fungus soon. The sunshine made me happy. This place has had rains non-stop forever now! But our stint with the sun was shortlived. It has again been raining for several hours now.
But one real awesome thing is that I also feel that I am living in a dream sequence of a Yashraj film. Remember that scene (in all movies) when the hero/heroine breaks into a dream sequence where one of them is running down a hill and there are clouds moving on top? In my case, only the hero is missing. All of the rest is in place. In fact, the clouds have been so low and close that buildings within the campus have not been visible. The other night, even the open area inside the hostel was filled with clouds. Damn pretty it was!

But, our campus does not have water otherwise. The flooding has resulted in some lame, idiotic, bad planning issue, and so we have not had water in our bathrooms for two days now. So yes, I am also carrying buckets of water from the big tank outside. Aren't you happy that I live at the minus one level and don't have to climb up with all the weight? Or are you getting kicks out of the lower back being fucked more? Be nice, I will be in Delhi when you read this - can come and beat you up! :D :D
Yo baby, I am coming home!!!!!

4 comments:

Subhadip said...

I am SOOO glad you trekked. Err... purple raincoat... green raincoat... is it anything like my story?

http://brainbit.blogspot.com/2007/11/colors-of-life.html

Two days without water in bathroom because of flood? No comments, but I do feel Samuel Coleridge could have written something about the situation.

~ Deeps ~ said...

goood to hear that u trekked......forget abt rains, just enjoy the weather.....its the best time to be in western ghats :)

RB said...

Subhadip
:-) Your story was mean! This was girly stuff. :D

I am sure he could have. Even I can. :-/

DK
hehe... yes, I have heard it gets real hot and dry there too.

That Girl said...

That trek down to the temple sounds like fun, minus the three cheapo guys. I remember when I went to Matheran, I walked and walked and walked for about 10 kms! And it still wasn't all that tiresome. Good luck pursuing the trek again once you get back :)
And carrying baltis of water back to your room does not sound good! Can't you just do without a bath! I would've been tempted to. :)